What is wrong with some people?!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She'd arrived too late at check-in, so thought she'd run out on the tarmac and shout at the Qantas captain so he'd let her on the aircraft....
And no, that's not a joke.
That's exactly what's happening.
Yebbut so what? A hopeless venture but she must be a bold sort of lass! And a bit of a dope.
Not surprised that M&S had 2nd thoughts. Obviously an innocent mistake; they did the photos some time ago but they do look like burning Palestinian flags.
Doesn't seem to be much of an issue in either case - woss the problem? I see nothing of interest.

Last edited:
Shame on M&S for pulling the advert and apologising. Italy, Mexico, Hungary and Bulgaria off the top of my head all have the same colours in their national flags.
The woman silly person could have so easily been ingested into a fan, she was so very lucky.

Shame on M&S for pulling the advert and apologising. Italy, Mexico, Hungary and Bulgaria off the top of my head all have the same colours in their national flags.
The woman silly person could have so easily been ingested into a fan, she was so very lucky.
Has that ever happen someone being sucked into a turbo fan / jet?!😥😥

Yes all the time. It makes a horrible mess all over the run way. :unsure:
Even worse with prop driven - stuff goes everywhere and take-off gets delayed whilst they clean the windows etc.
That's why I've give up flying.

Last edited:
It's not very common but two cases of it happening this year. One was intentional, the other I believe they are not certain.

Even worse with prop driven - stuff goes everywhere and take-off gets delayed whilst they clean the windows etc.
That's why I've give up flying.

I'm pretty confident in saying that if a turbo or a prop plane hits a human, there will be more than a delay in taking off, that plane would be taken out of service immediately for checks and maintenance. For a jet it would cause significant damage to the engine.

The chances of it happening are almost zero unless intentional or with dumbasses like the video above

It's not very common but two cases of it happening this year. One was intentional, the other I believe they are not certain.

I'm pretty confident in saying that if a turbo or a prop plane hits a human, there will be more than a delay in taking off, that plane would be taken out of service immediately for checks and maintenance. For a jet it would cause significant damage to the engine.

The chances of it happening are almost zero unless intentional or with dumbasses like the video above

Correct.

Companies cannot get away with underlying symbolism these days. And rightly so, I suppose.

I remember a few years back that RR used to test their turbo fans by throwing chickens into the rotating blades, the story goes that the Americans tried this with their engines and it destroyed them, they asked RR what they where doing wrong and RR asked if they had defrosted the chickens first. 😂

It's a logical decision from M&S. Undoubtedly there was no intention to represent any flag but if it's going to be contentious to some and remind people of the awful situation in the Middle East don't get involved in the complexities - just pull it and replace with something that doesn't. Jacob is right - nothing to see here - move on!

Latest posts

Back