What is wrong with some people?!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Were I committed to the traditions of Xmas - goodwill to all men, holly, ivy, fat men wearing red, whilst the snow gently falls etc - I would be distressed at the removal of familiar yuletide imagery.
Nobody is suggesting that. It's just that the photo looked like burning Palestinian flags, at a moment of great turmoil, sensitivity and division.

reminds me of this video which is of a ground crewman being sucked into a jet engine. it's amazing to watch his body being sucked around like a sock into a vacuum. Spoiler - he did survive.

A more recent one sadly was a tourist I think in Greece walking around the back of a helicopter.... he did not survive.

As for society crumbling a large part of this is just whatever the media moguls want you to believe to sell you newspapers.. I imagine it has changed since pre-social media a fair bit as more people can now add their voice to the mix but again that is largely manipulated. I've heard it said 90% of posts on twitter are by 10% of the users, so we see a very polarised view of the world at the moment. I think most people are somewhere in the middle and generally good.

Would be interesting how society would change if all of the media outlets actually pushed positive news agendas

That's why jet engines have a 'Whirly Thingy' on the end to indicate if it's running, also prop spinners & prop blade tips painted yellow (mostly)

goodwill to all men, holly, ivy, fat men wearing red
Have you asked them whether they buy into a binary gender construct???

And I believe the approved terminology is now 'body positive'.

Merry Christmas to you!............Faeces......I meant Happy Holidays

Have you asked them whether they buy into a binary gender construct???

And I believe the approved terminology is now 'body positive'.

Merry Christmas to you!............Faeces......I meant Happy Holidays
There you go - another post by someone looking to be offended by something! Fantasising about it - maybe being hot under the collar is a bit of a turn on? :ROFLMAO:

We just had a AI conference don't know why
They don't either and even if they did would it make any difference, this will all come down to money and the economy. In some ways we are looking at the days of the victorian mill owners, they had whilst others had little and AI can replace the costly unreliable components that want holidays, take sick leave and want payrises so the boss makes all the profit and no work for the people.

There you go - another post by someone looking to be offended by something! Fantasising about it - maybe being hot under the collar is a bit of a turn on? :ROFLMAO:
It was somebody being offended (by the M&S advert) that caused this particular fork in the thread in the first place.

It was somebody being offended (by the M&S advert) that caused this particular fork in the thread in the first place.
No it was somebody being offended by somebody being offended by the M&S ad. People just like to be offended!

this is what happend when a few big ducks got into the moving parts....
images-5.jpeg

wasn't there an acciadent with a prop in the film catch 22.......?

No it was somebody being offended by somebody being offended by the M&S ad. People just like to be offended!

Wrong, Jacob.
I wasn't offended in any shape or form.
It was a case of being dumb-struck as to how "sensitive" some folk can be these days, that's all!

Drawing attention to the M&S advert isn't so much about complaining about the advert, but about linking it to what is happening in Gaza. In a sense, hitching a ride on M8S's own publicity.

No matter how tenuous or weak the connections are, if you can keep linking as many things as you can to Gaza, then you can keep the public talking about it,

Annoying as this might seem it is probably no bad thing

Shame on M&S for pulling the advert and apologising. Italy, Mexico, Hungary and Bulgaria off the top of my head all have the same colours in their national flags.
The woman silly person could have so easily been ingested into a fan, she was so very lucky.
If she'd' gone down an intake, would it be categorised as a 'bird strike' ?

Wrong, Jacob.
I wasn't offended in any shape or form.
It was a case of being dumb-struck as to how "sensitive" some folk can be these days, that's all!
I think this comes back though to actually how many people are offended in the first place. We keep getting told everyone is offended by X and Y and the evidence is normally a few posts on twitter or a few hundred complaints to Ofcom etc. This is then promoted heavily by the media so by the end of the week they can say how terrible it is as everyone is now complaining about it after making it impossible to ignore.

Poppy day coming up shortly. That seems to get the easily-offended huffing and puffing. :ROFLMAO:
Remember when they went wild about some politician wearing a poppy too small? :rolleyes: Can't remember who it was.

Back