What is wrong with some people?!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just find it so difficult to be offended or to get offended. The most I seem to manage when people point out or discuss 'offensive' stuff is a barely perceptible shrug of the shoulders and to think, Big Deal.

You all need to try harder to get me all lathered up about something... anything... please! Slainte.

My mother and I got marched across the runway to the plane in Faro with bayonets in our backs just after the Portuguese revolution in 1974.

That piqued my interest. Why was that? Were your family associated with the ousted dictatorship?

No, we had a villa there and just turned up for the flight a bit late. This was after the "customs officials" had tipped all our luggage onto the floor and gone through it with above mentioned bayonets. They very much enjoyed hooking my mother's underwear out of the pile, before they told us to pick it all up.

I just find it so difficult to be offended or to get offended. The most I seem to manage when people point out or discuss 'offensive' stuff is a barely perceptible shrug of the shoulders and to think, Big Deal.

You all need to try harder to get me all lathered up about something... anything... please! Slainte.
Did somebody say sharpening 🫣🫣🫣

Did somebody say sharpening 🫣🫣🫣
Ha, ha. Those long winded and contentious sharpening threads never get me riled up, not nowadays anyway, and they haven't done for perhaps twenty or more years. I do, though, find them highly entertaining and amusing as contestants slug it out with, as ever, no winner.

So, no offence for me there. I'm sorry, but you'll need to try harder to suggest a topic that might offend me. Slainte.

Ha, ha. Those long winded and contentious sharpening threads never get me riled up, not nowadays anyway, and they haven't done for perhaps twenty or more years. I do, though, find them highly entertaining and amusing as contestants slug it out with, as ever, no winner.

So, no offence for me there. I'm sorry, but you'll need to try harder to suggest a topic that might offend me. Slainte.
It was worth a shot 🫣🫣

So these animal rights people think that turning her into mutton stew is better than her becoming a spectacle . If I were in here hooves I know which I would choose.

So these animal rights people think that turning her into mutton stew is better than her becoming a spectacle . If I were in here hooves I know which I would choose.
I'd rather have the stew.
She's a lucky old stew-on-legs having people competing to save her and giving her 15 minutes of fame!

Has that ever happen someone being sucked into a turbo fan / jet?!😥😥
yes. several people have been sucked into the larger turbofan engine of the larger passenger aircraft - happened in the USA last year iirc.

I remember a few years back that RR used to test their turbo fans by throwing chickens into the rotating blades, the story goes that the Americans tried this with their engines and it destroyed them, they asked RR what they where doing wrong and RR asked if they had defrosted the chickens first. 😂
It was windshields not engines and yes they hadn't defrosted them. New turbofan engines during development routinely get shredded during stress testing - I have a friend who works at Rolls Royce in Bristol, the plane engine arm of the company and I asked if I could go and see one when they do it, but security is very tight and no outsiders, sometimes not even RR employees are allowed.

How about This..

How about This..
I liked the rap. I can sympathise with his irritation: it would, and has, irritated me too, so you've managed to touch a nerve. Well done.

Anyway, who does, apart from a numbskull, actually put milk and teabag into a mug and then pour the boiling water over that lot? Slainte.

Looking down on those that put milk in first to make tea is pretentious, it started when porcelain first became available and people would show off that putting the boiling water in first did not crack the cup as it would china.

Don't forget that the tea was originally brewed in a Tea Pot that had previously been 'warmed' before being emptied then the tea leaves placed in the pot, then boiling water was poured ("take the pot to the kettle, never the kettle to the pot") directly onto the leaves and left to brew.
Now days we use teabags and brew them in the cup but if you add the milk in before the water you cool the temperature of the water before the tea has a chance to brew properly.

Back