Queen Elizabeth has passed away.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was watching the royal car arriving at Cardiff castle (think that’s the place) and there seemed to be quite a lot of less than generous cheering. Is Charles not as popular there as some other parts of the UK? Wasn’t aware there that much hostility toward him.
There are two groups here, Republicans, which i regard myself as and Nationalists, who bang on about having native royalty. I've recently read that Wales has the most dissent. The PoW title is very unpopular as it was created as a Pee take. It was also merged when Charlie became "king"... and does not pass to anyone else automatically as some claim. I refuse to call The Severn Bridge by it's recent name.

Why should there be a middle ground and why would it be healthy?
If there was no middle ground there'd be a gap, and people would fall down it. We need something to hold us up. It's healthy in that it's meant to represent the greatest good, rather than a polarity.

Is it the fact that it is not a christian expression, that you target me specifically? After all, all those who express she RIP etc are expressing a specifically christian religious belief and saying, why are you not trying to bring them to task? Perchance you are just a hypocrite.
Oh no, I'm not targeting you specifically. I think there is no place whatsoever for religious comments. Religion is purely based on story telling and like Chinese Whispers, changes as it goes along, usually to satisfy the greed and corruption of the religious leaders. Can you seriously tell me that you believe there is some sort of divine person in the clouds who controls everything in your life. "WAKE UP" !

There are two groups here, Republicans, which i regard myself as and Nationalists, who bang on about having native royalty. I've recently read that Wales has the most dissent. The PoW title is very unpopular as it was created as a Pee take. It was also merged when Charlie became "king"... and does not pass to anyone else automatically as some claim. I refuse to call The Severn Bridge by it's recent name, unless we can refer to the Severn Tunnel as Camilla's Hole.
I can assure you, there is a lot of dissent here in Wales, and rightly so. Charlie is not our prince not our king. The English took away our princes and kings and our right to continue the Welsh line. The term " God save the king" is both nonsense and offensive. "God" there isn't one, it's just a made up story to control and scare people into submission for the greed of others and "king" is a self given title by a family of German descent who have no right to be screwing the UK for all its worth. My advice is to denounce the Sax-Coberg family and send them back.

If there was no middle ground there'd be a gap, and people would fall down it. We need something to hold us up. It's healthy in that it's meant to represent the greatest good, rather than a polarity.
But the "regime" i.e. the land and wealth owning oligarchy, headed by the monarchy and the establishment (not to mention the current record-breaking queue of sheep) think that we already have the best of all possible systems.
How would you persuade them otherwise?

Last edited:
All we have is a right to vote, which often feels like not much, but is a lot better than nothing ...

Monarchy might eventually die out through a major decline in public support, but its members would most likely retain their huge wealth ...

I can assure you, there is a lot of dissent here in Wales, and rightly so. Charlie is not our prince not our king. The English took away our princes and kings and our right to continue the Welsh line. The term " God save the king" is both nonsense and offensive. "God" there isn't one, it's just a made up story to control and scare people into submission for the greed of others and "king" is a self given title by a family of German descent who have no right to be screwing the UK for all its worth. My advice is to denounce the Sax-Coberg family and send them back.
I must admit, I find it very difficult to take (any form of, including Welsh/Native British ) monarchism or religion seriously. I'm not into mysticism at all.

I had to watch part of the 20 minute vigil yesterday evening. For some reason Princess anne had dressed up as Captain Pugwash. It was hilarious. Pervy Andy had dressed up as the Fat Controller. Charlie does not suit uniforms and the other one is basically invisible.

Tonight we get Billy and Barry doing a similar thing apparently. My wife likes to see the spectacle, but she is more connected to the royal family than me, as she is German.

(PS. The Welsh are never happy. About anything. )

I had to watch part of the 20 minute vigil yesterday evening. For some reason Princess anne had dressed up as Captain Pugwash. It was hilarious. Pervy Andy had dressed up as the Fat Controller. Charlie does not suit uniforms and the other one is basically invisible.

Tonight we get Billy and Barry doing a similar thing apparently. My wife likes to see the spectacle, but she is more connected to the royal family than me, as she is German.

We have a lot to be never happy about! Imagine your country being politically dragged about by Southern England.... eeewwww!

Is it just me or does Charles in a morning suit make others think of a 1970's Dr Who?

Anne must have been brave to win all those medals.

To give Brown or Blair some credit, they negotiated with the Establishment to reduce the number of Hereditary Lords in the HoL.
Ironically, many of whom who actually did a better job than than the political fartcatchers that replaced them.

if there must be a second house it should be elected.

I

Have always liked Anne, but she did look like a dogs dinner. Whoever chose that uniform should be sent to the tower :)

Oh no, I'm not targeting you specifically. I think there is no place whatsoever for religious comments. Religion is purely based on story telling and like Chinese Whispers, changes as it goes along, usually to satisfy the greed and corruption of the religious leaders. Can you seriously tell me that you believe there is some sort of divine person in the clouds who controls everything in your life. "WAKE UP" !
Not sure RIP is a specifically religious sentiment. I can't see a problem with people believing whatever they like, if it gives them some comfort then so be it. My problem with religion in general is that if you look at the teachings on the one hand, and some of the stuff that has been done by alleged adherents on the other, it is very difficult to reconcile the two. Look at some of the truly barbaric behaviour carried out in the name of Christianity or Islam as just two examples. Thou shall not kill. A commendably unequivocal instruction, but not seen as an obstacle by various Popes urging their followers to go and murder muslims in the crusades. So not sure religion in and of itself is an issue, more the way people have twisted and manipulated it to their own ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back