It was 20 years ago today !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Laguna UK

Laguna Tools UK
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Sergeant Pepper may very well have told the band to play,

But it was also when I joined this lovely forum. (OK technically I've got 5 hours to go for exactly 20 years looking at my user stats, but I'm not staying up that late as all my spiced rum has now been drunk ;) )

I just wanted to mark the occasion with a post and I know I lurk more often than posting. I try and post if I think I can help, but just wanted to say a big thanks to all who have ever posted/commented about all sorts of topics - the combined knowledge and everyone's opinions on various matters has been really interesting and good to read over the years - and also a big 'Cheers' to the people who I've met in the real world at shows and things via this forum - you know who you are. (y)

Lastly big shout out to the mods who keep it all running - ha I know it hasn't all been smooth sailing, but this is still a great place to drop into and catch up on woodworking and all sorts of things and it's good to see the forum still going.

OK that sounded like a cheesy Oscar's speech - but you get what I'm saying - Yup 20 years goes fast when you think about it, but then slow when you think what's happened in detail - Time eh - let's hope I get to do a 30th announcement.

Cheers, best wishes and good health to all.
Nick

Sergeant Pepper may very well have told the band to play,

But it was also when I joined this lovely forum. (OK technically I've got 5 hours to go for exactly 20 years looking at my user stats, but I'm not staying up that late as all my spiced rum has now been drunk ;) )

I just wanted to mark the occasion with a post and I know I lurk more often than posting. I try and post if I think I can help, but just wanted to say a big thanks to all who have ever posted/commented about all sorts of topics - the combined knowledge and everyone's opinions on various matters has been really interesting and good to read over the years - and also a big 'Cheers' to the people who I've met in the real world at shows and things via this forum - you know who you are. (y)

Lastly big shout out to the mods who keep it all running - ha I know it hasn't all been smooth sailing, but this is still a great place to drop into and catch up on woodworking and all sorts of things and it's good to see the forum still going.

OK that sounded like a cheesy Oscar's speech - but you get what I'm saying - Yup 20 years goes fast when you think about it, but then slow when you think what's happened in detail - Time eh - let's hope I get to do a 30th announcement.

Cheers, best wishes and good health to all.
Nick
Perhaps you should do a give away to celebrate 😜

Nick you are making me feel like the new kid on the block with only 13 years on here :)

Good to see you the at Newark the other week, Jon is loving his new tables saw, here's to 30 years 🍻

Cheers

Peter
Hi Peter, thanks & it's always good to see you too mate - will speak in the week hopefully about Laguna as things have changed unfortunately since we spoke.

Well done Nick , 20 years not allways as Laguna Nick , A good proportion as Jet Nick ?
Hi Blister, thanks & yes I joined as JetMan as you remember well - good to see you still around too & I still remember our meeting at Ali Pali - must be almost 20 years back - And ha you are still using the user profile pic of Ali Pali that used to animate with a planer thicknesser on top of a car (y) 🤣

Cheers, Nick

Scottish WW show 2004 at the SECC.
Was mooching around the Axminster stand looking at a Jet jointer/planer.
Youngish fella wanders over and asks if I'd like a demonstration?
Ok.
The bloke lowers the infeed table as low as it would go and rams a 3x2 across it turning it into a 3x1.
Helluva demonstration, mad ejit I thought...
Bought one a few weeks later and still going as well as ever.
Thanks Nick.

Last edited:
Back