Need to escape/reset

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am able to log in and check who has looked at it and the CEO, who is well aware of its existence, has not once looked at it.
The CEO is not going to be looking at individual risk logs. You need to look at the agenda and minutes of board meetings to see if it's being discussed. You can ask to make a presentation or report to the board on your progress on that big Excel, the overall status of the school, and the top 5 urgent items.

The reaction to your request will tell you everything you need to know. If you get told "no need", you'll know not only is the board ignoring issues, but that they are ignoring them with plausible deniability (meaning they know issues have to be fixed, and if they were officially aware of them then they would have to fix the issues, so they are making sure that they are not officially aware).

You can then ask to submit a report for consideration by the board, make sure it's on the agenda, and check the minutes that it has been at least acknowledged, and at best, discussed.

If not, rinse and repeat.

It's the CEO that has asked for the spreadsheets to be done not the Headteacher, my HT left and the new one started tomorrow, she is moving from one of our other schools so is aware of the politics within the academy but will still have a learning curve to get through for this site before she will be able to make changes.

We have a hospice in our area and lots of charity shops for that hospice. They have recently opened a large donation centre. No limits, no silly rules. Just drop off all- sorts there including electricals. It's really useful to have in the area. You can take a car load and they accept it all.

Do you have anything like that near you? It's great for offloading furniture, old bikes, anything.

How you feeling btw.

Hope things are on the up!!

Nice to hear of cases when the outcome is positive!

@Jameshow Not too bad, the 2 week Easter break was peaceful and I got a lot of work done, so much so that for the first time in a long while im happy with how much i gotnsone, the new headteacher started today and she seems like she will be a positive fit, the weather is improving and the longer daylight hours are helping improve my S.A.D, lots of outdoor summer work to keep me busy and happy, still not happy with the executive level of leadership but everything else is positive enough that I can mentally deal with that. SWMBO has had the weekend to recover from her week in Spain sat at the beach or by the swimming pool so I'm hoping she will start getting some more stuff sorted whilst I finish sealing the shower screen and start sorting the kitchen.
Feeling unsure about if I'm gonna keep the shop going, this month I got paid £7.10 so March has cost me £72.90, since starting it at the beginning of December the table has cost me £320 and I've had £632.83 paid out from the shop so in 4 months I've only made £312.83 profit, starting to feel like the effort isn't worth the return.

It's the CEO that has asked for the spreadsheets to be done not the Headteacher, my HT left and the new one started tomorrow, she is moving from one of our other schools so is aware of the politics within the academy but will still have a learning curve to get through for this site before she will be able to make changes.
My wife gave up as a teacher in 2014 ….sick of the politics within departments and the governors/ useless HT. mixed in with a head of the food & resistant materials dept (she was her assistant) who constantly moved goalposts and undermined her at every opportunity

Back