September Challenge ( A Vase ) discussion thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Ive looked and searched but i cant find how i would join the challenge list, been reading the forum for a few months now and only woodturning for a few months.

How do i join in the challenge in future months.

Jim

Nev

Not sure on the opening size on your vase , but I have a round bar Sorby type tool rest that I turn to run in line with the lathe bed and insert it inside the vase opening
This way you can then slide the tool along the rest inside the vase and get lots more support and lots less white knuckles

j1mbr0wn":1yceszmd said:
Hello

Ive looked and searched but i cant find how i would join the challenge list, been reading the forum for a few months now and only woodturning for a few months.

Jim

you speak nicely to Blister, he da boss :)

j1mbr0wn":2a5rgot0 said:
Hello

Jim

Hi Jim

If you would like to join in our friendly little challenge , albeit it is winding down with only 4 Challenges remaining for 2011 , You are most welcome

I will add you to the list of entrants

I assume you have seen the rules and requirements post ?

nev":1v4x5pyz said:
....how else do you sand down the inside :?:

You cut a fine saw cut in the end of a stick and wedge some abrasive in it and wrap round the stick in the direction needed to match rotation, poke down the hole and abrade the inner surface.

Just be prepared to let go if the abrasive catches, much more satisfying to see the stick spinning round than your finger.

Allen (Blister), you seem to have missed my post of 3rd Sept, mine is ready and you haven't indicated this in the 1st post. 8-[

CHJ":tuurxgwh said:
nev":tuurxgwh said:
....how else do you sand down the inside :?:

You cut a fine saw cut in the end of a stick and wedge some abrasive in it and wrap round the stick in the direction needed to match rotation, poke down the hole and abrade the inner surface.

Just be prepared to let go if the abrasive catches, much more satisfying to see the stick spinning round than your finger.

yes, i have one of them but due to the shape of the inside .... :idea: turn one, bulb shaped then it'll fit the curves :idea:
cheers chas, off to the shed :D

myturn":1awy24bp said:
Allen (Blister), you seem to have missed my post of 3rd Sept, mine is ready and you haven't indicated this in the 1st post. 8-[

Opps !

Naughty me :mrgreen:

Done now :lol:

well i'm happy to report my new lathe has been ordered :D =D>

not so happy to say it won't be in stock until the end of october :cry:
so I'm out this month and probably next too.... Bang goes my 12 points :cry: :cry:

Melinda_dd":1pb5tish said:

so I'm out this month and probably next too.... Bang goes my 12 points :cry: :cry:

Woo Hoo , new lathe :mrgreen:

Ask Axminster if you can pop into one of the showrooms and use a demo lathe to make your entry as they cant deliver quicker :lol:

Melinda_dd":3md0shfr said:

Is there not a member close by that would allow you use of a lathe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back