Re: 2011 December Challenge (Dissusion thread )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
boysie39":26e8kp9r said:
I have just got the allclear today having gone thru a bad patch for six/seven weeks and have some idea what you are going through.
One of the highlights for me was when I got the chance to get onto the PC and catch up on the Forum news.
The friendly banter on this forum and the general helpfulness of the members never ceased to amaze me.
It really is like a family forum
I shall miss your carving and odd turnings whilst you are away, but I hope you can use the time to develop some
more artistic designs and amaze me + them with your skills with the air thing a magig.
I shall endevor to cover for you as usual, although I think I may have forgotten how to post pics. again.
I may have forgotten how to turn, (did he ever know) I hear you ask?

Good Luck and God Speed your recovery
Merry Xmas to you and yours. God Bless

Hi Eugene,

Thanks for the good wishes. I'm glad to hear you have been 'written off' :D I wish my doctors would do the same. I just hope they let me home for Christmas. My wife is doing her duty on Christmas day, washing up for some friends who run a restaurant. We are both invited to have the full slap up too - €55 menu - should be fun especially as we don't have to pay the €55 each! And we are getting the half a lamb that we expected to pay for as part of the wages for the day.

Not long now is it. Time seems to pass quicker when you are sick. I wonder why that is.

You Christmas wishes are reciprocated and I send them back to you too :lol:

Not what I had planned but nonetheless I have an entry for the December challenge. Time run out

Due to numerous things if I didn't do it today it wouldn't happen at all. It is funny how a time window pressure changes it from a pleasure to a chore

sadly time has run out for me too - but too early

I won't be able to produce an entry this month

good luck to all, and even better luck to Gordon in his bid to 'eat well'!

Balls. I didn't realise it had to be submitted early this month. I had planed a scene but ill see if I can squeeze something little in tomorrow.

Sorry - no time to work on this months entry :-(

Cheers

Dave

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I'm done!!!

I was convinced that I could salvage my entry... in a couple of hours! how wrong was I!!!
All I managed was to convince myself I have in fact forgotten how to turn, broke every rule of turning, lost a tool in a mountain of shavings, starved myself, froze my bits and pieces off, found a leak in my shed, tripped over the cat, and got myself into a right girly strop!!!

....... at 9.08 I admitted defeat, and turned a token, diabolical, excuse for an entry.... but it's finished (she says arms crossed sulking)
I had such high hopes for this one, but on the off chance everyone else forgets to put their pictures on... I might stand a chance.... of coming last! but hey... I get me point! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back