November Challenge ( Discussion Thread )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Use this post for discussions please :mrgreen:

babylon355
Blister ( Ready )
Bodrighy
callumlovatt ( Ready )
cambournepete
chill
Chris357
Chrisp
clk230
como
Daven
dennisk ( Ready )
DougieH
duncanh ( Ready )
Dust Busker
Elaine
gus3049 ( Ready )
Haldane ( Ready )
Hudson Carpentry ( Ready )
j1mbr0wn
Jonzjob ( Ready )
Jumps ( Ready )
Leo
liamscanlan
loz ( Ready )
maltrout512 ( Ready )
matmac
Melinda_dd ( Ready )
miles_hot
monkeybiter ( Ready )
myturn
nev ( Ready )
not_simple_si
Oakbear
OldWood
philb88
Pvt_Ryan
RATWOOD
RO
Silverbirch ( Ready )
spasm
steve66
SVB
tekno.mage
tinytim1458
TheTiddles
tpot
whacky
Wood spoiler ( Ready )

Not looking forward to this one. Glad its only one and not a set. I planed to use Oak for this project but know the wood choose is a judging factor ill have to rethink.

Jonzjob":36fs8r4l said:
Is it possible to assume that the goblet can be turned from any material and if so then metal or plastic?

This should not really be the case because not only is it a turning exercise but one on a woodworking forum :mrgreen:

You can use what materials you like , BUT it is in the WOODTURNING section so TURNED items will be judged anything else may not :wink:

Blister":3utcnz4k said:
Jonzjob":3utcnz4k said:
Is it possible to assume that the goblet can be turned from any material and if so then metal or plastic?

This should not really be the case because not only is it a turning exercise but one on a woodworking forum :mrgreen:

You can use what materials you like , BUT it is in the WOODTURNING section so TURNED items will be judged anything else may not :wink:

HIya,

I assume as long as the non-wood media is turned then it will be judged and included ? - I have some nonwood components on mine.

loz":28qtivb4 said:
Blister":28qtivb4 said:
Jonzjob":28qtivb4 said:

HIya,

I assume as long as the non-wood media is turned then it will be judged and included ? - I have some nonwood components on mine.

Yes thats fine :lol:

goblet has rolled of the production line....but I caught it before it got to the floor! :)

Blister":20gec2nr said:
jumps":20gec2nr said:
goblet has rolled of the production line....but I caught it before it got to the floor! :)

I assume this means you are ready ?

you assume correctly

maltrout512":ek8g74zz said:
I've done mine. Now for the blond question, where do we send the pictures :sign3:

the thread with the challenge instructions for Nov will be unlocked at the appropriate time and you post a response to that thread with you photographs and any relevant information (or requested information) in it.

I'm hoping to buy a new turning stick and some suitable blanks on Sunday at Harrogate, I wonder if they'll have any goblet shaped blanks? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back