Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jewellery box in ripple sycamore with inlaid daffodil for my (welsh) daughter-in-law. I used Oslo Polyx Oil Raw for the first time to see if it would be better on the pale sycamore and was impressed with the finish and colour. Time will tell to see if it stays that way! Cheers Mark
F1DF63E2-2414-493A-A6CE-722A6E8306D8.JPG

2691E251-9065-4E25-A58A-2CAE64DD9984.JPG
605F6595-8935-4A2A-921C-C36BA8CD9622.JPG
BA0C350E-2EB2-464F-B03A-CE0F3CC2256F.JPG

Jewellery box in ripple sycamore with inlaid daffodil for my (welsh) daughter-in-law. I used Oslo Polyx Oil Raw for the first time to see if it would be better on the pale sycamore and was impressed with the finish and colour. Time will tell to see if it stays that way! Cheers Mark
View attachment 133286
View attachment 133292View attachment 133293View attachment 133294
Are all the boards curved if so very impressive!

Also show us the drawers open just to rub it in?!

Like the first board a lot.
Love the second board!
Do you butt the squares up when glue up, or is there a hidden tiny biscuit or T and G joint?

There's a well established technique for making chess boards, a quick trip to youtube should show it - it involves gluing strips together.

I did a mini WIP of a similar board here

Made a Valentine's pressie for SWMBO. First attempt at stained glass... used some offcuts from a glass merchant, hence the mix. You can guess the initial of her first name...

Simple oak frame and zebrano splines - lead edge is rebated into the frame. Oak is from some floorboard offcuts leftover from when we built the house and the zebrano was scraps left over from another project. Finish is just a couple of coats of hard wax oil. Whole thing is about A4 and hung in the middle of a South-facing kitchen window by fishing line... it casts lovely colours...

PXL_20220410_180100419.jpg
PXL_20220410_180037577.jpg

Last edited:
So for a while I've been asking SWMBO to help me empty out the garage and go through everything to get rid of rubbish and junk that hasn't been looked at in years, I sold one of my motorbikes yesterday 😥 creating a nice bit of space, today the weather was good so after taking the pooches out for a walk on the school field (they love chasing the Canada geese off the field 😀) we came back and I started taking stuff out of the garage and she started sorting through some of it, I rearranged a couple of units to create more floor space, she managed to reduce a couple of boxes and a few bags to 1 small box with was a great start, the pic below shows the space I might have for the lathe once I finish sorting everything but my back tweaked and we had to stop, she moved everything into the garage just to get it inside but hopefully I'll have a really good bit of space when it's finished.
20220410_180914.jpg
20220410_180903.jpg

Having the gas manifold and meter for the school on the back wall is an absolute PITA as it has to be easily accessible at all times in case of emergency, it also means I have to have the lathe orientated along the length of the garage to avoid potential fly offs hitting the gas.

So for a while I've been asking SWMBO to help me empty out the garage and go through everything to get rid of rubbish and junk that hasn't been looked at in years, I sold one of my motorbikes yesterday 😥 creating a nice bit of space, today the weather was good so after taking the pooches out for a walk on the school field (they love chasing the Canada geese off the field 😀) we came back and I started taking stuff out of the garage and she started sorting through some of it, I rearranged a couple of units to create more floor space, she managed to reduce a couple of boxes and a few bags to 1 small box with was a great start, the pic below shows the space I might have for the lathe once I finish sorting everything but my back tweaked and we had to stop, she moved everything into the garage just to get it inside but hopefully I'll have a really good bit of space when it's finished.
View attachment 133339View attachment 133340
Having the gas manifold and meter for the school on the back wall is an absolute PITA as it has to be easily accessible at all times in case of emergency, it also means I have to have the lathe orientated along the length of the garage to avoid potential fly offs hitting the gas.
Ok, gotta ask the question, what is the dummy doing staring at that pile of logs?

View attachment 133286
View attachment 133292View attachment 133293View attachment 133294
That is beautiful. The work I see posted here leaves me in awe. I'll not be posting anymore of my stuff until I can match yours. Gorgeous!

Latest posts

Back