Grandmother clock mechanism, quartz replacement

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quintain

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to replace a faulty mechanical longcase clock movement with a quartz clock that will accept about a 20" (500mm) long pendulum.
I have done a load of google searches but I have failed to find such a quartz clock unit...I have tried with different search terms.
I am hoping someone can help with a supplier for a quartz clock with long pendulum and as a bonus hourly chimes

BTW: I have been given this modern (ish) longcase clock, I have tried for a week to get it to work. It goes v fast without a pendulum and somewhat slower with a short length pendulum but of course it runs very fast.
The clock is modern-ish I.E. grandmother antique style with composite wood cabinet with false weights and chains hanging but not carrying out any actions.
I have worn out!! Youtube videos on mechanical clock repairs.
I do not want to spend a small fortune on a replacement mechanical movement, nor to have an expert work on the faulty movement.
I don't like the idea of using a quartz movement BUT it seems the best option.

I am hoping someone can help with a supplier for quartz clock with long pendulum and as a bonus hourly chimes.

My best regards to all.
Quintain AKA Richard

Back