What is wrong with some people?!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget that the tea was originally brewed in a Tea Pot that had previously been 'warmed' before being emptied then the tea leaves placed in the pot, then boiling water was poured ("take the pot to the kettle, never the kettle to the pot") directly onto the leaves and left to brew.
Now days we use teabags and brew them in the cup but if you add the milk in before the water you cool the temperature of the water before the tea has a chance to brew properly.
I put the tea bags in the pot, NOT the cup!😜

I suppose that, in these days, people haven't the time for long-gone rituals that make no difference to the taste of the tea. No, tea caddy, no caddy spoon, no teapot...enough said...

Don't forget that the tea was originally brewed in a Tea Pot that had previously been 'warmed' before being emptied then the tea leaves placed in the pot, then boiling water was poured ("take the pot to the kettle, never the kettle to the pot") directly onto the leaves and left to brew.
Now days we use teabags and brew them in the cup but if you add the milk in before the water you cool the temperature of the water before the tea has a chance to brew properly.
My parents put tea leaves straight into a pint mug and poured boiling water on the leaves to fill the mug then added the milk. Tea pots were for weekends and visitors. You had to be careful as you got down to the bottom of the mug otherwise you got a disgusting mouthful of tea leaves. And they say there’s no progress 😜

For the sophisticated and well versed in the ways of forrin tea drinking......I present......The Danish teabag.

istockphoto-467293044-612x612.jpg

My parents put tea leaves straight into a pint mug and poured boiling water on the leaves to fill the mug then added the milk. Tea pots were for weekends and visitors. You had to be careful as you got down to the bottom of the mug otherwise you got a disgusting mouthful of tea leaves. And they say there’s no progress 😜
I still leave half an inch in the bottom of the cup/mug - it comes from having it made with loose tea up til I was about sixteen.

The only way to make tea is to use a pot and never ever tea bags!

Oh yes, milk should never ever be added (nor sugar!)

I drink something like 3-4lt per day using this method.

[EDIT] - meant to add that scones are only fit for the dustbin! - don't waste good Jam on them.

Last edited:
As an impoverished student I once spent a whole day working at a tea factory in London's east end - it was grim. One of the machines was used to cut up old teabags - the sort that had a dunking string and label attached. I presume these were old or remaindered stock. A magnet was then used to remove all the staples. This mix was then incorporated with new tea to make teabags.
When I say grim, I mean no one spoke. They all moved around like zombies, and a fine brown dust covered everything. I lasted the day , but never returned.

Back