Running out of time...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with having "no interest in any faction of the political scene" is that they have a huge influence on every facet of your life, whether you like it or not. Not engaging with them simply reduces you to the status of another drop of the apathetic oil which ensures that your interests are brushed aside or ground down in the most efficient way.

Representative democracy is designed to permit the LCD to elect people of their own ilk to handle the levers of power on their behalf; the promises made by such folk in order to get their hands on those levers are only indicative of a broad intention. As we all know, politics is the art of the possible, so election promises are often watered down, or even discarded, in the harsh light of reality.

The only thing that Democracy can achieve is to p*ss off everyone in roughly equal measure...
What alternatives would you suggest?

Elect me Planetary Commander first and I'll you know....😎
Can't have it both ways - if democracy isn't to your taste you need to seize power and show us how this would be good for us.

Can't have it both ways - if democracy isn't to your taste you need to seize power and show us how this would be good for us.
It's YOU who can't have it both ways: elect me first and then I'll tell you what's good for you - and what isn't, like getting too close to the windows of high buildings .... ✝️

Last edited:
Very sad today.
My best friend, my best mate, my chocolate lab, was put to sleep this morning.
I mentioned him in my original post, fearing he wouldn't see another Christmas, let alone his 11th birthday. Unfortunately, I was correct.
I've not shed this many tears for many, many years.

Bye, pal.

Give it a couple of months, then think about getting a rescue dog. I understand that it will in no way be a replacement, but speaking from experience, it can help ease the pain if you let it. And remember, as long as you're around to remember him, he's not truly gone...

Sorry to hear that Cozzer. It's the only bad thing about taking on a dog, we're dreading it as our lab turns 9 and is noticeably slower. The only positive is you gave him a happy life he might otherwise not had had.

Back