Joke Thread III

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CM2sP7fWIAAzfST

Wow. Does this mean Aristotle could speak English [ before time ] as well as being a philosophical/intellectual genius?
Possibly - he was a man before his time, so perhaps envisaged a time when such a language might exist. Of course, he would still have regarded the speakers of it as linguistically uncouth "barbarians", and had he been able to see the shenanigans regularly portrayed in the English-language newspapers he might well not have bothered to write his Ethics..... :cool:

Possibly - he was a man before his time, so perhaps envisaged a time when such a language might exist. Of course, he would still have regarded the speakers of it as linguistically uncouth "barbarians", and had he been able to see the shenanigans regularly portrayed in the English-language newspapers he might well not have bothered to write his Ethics..... :cool:

I never liked Onassis.

I think your logic is wrong. You don't need to speak English in order to  not say something in English. Just as well really because I regularly don't say things in Japanese.

LOL

I regularly don't say things in Greek, Tibetan, Serbo-Croat... in fact a host of languages.

I'm good at Anglo-Saxon, especially when I hit my thumb with a hammer, or something equally stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back