WHAT IS GOING WRONG

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davegw":3e6h3y51 said:
I'd forgotten too. So the quote from the Headmaster :"What we do not condone is one child frightening a six-year-old with the prospect of 'going to hell' if she does not believe in God"

It's not ok for a child to say that - but it's fine for any adult? What a pile of cr*p
Sorry Dave but I have to disagree with you there. It is the Headmasters job to protect all the children under his care, not to make laws and legislate for the rest of the country.

They are two distinctly different questions with the same answer, a resounding NO.

I think there is too much being read into this. Where does it say anywhere that it is okay for an adult to say it?

Cheers

Mark

Dave,

Whilst I agree with your points about the Courts and upbringing etc, your views on cameras are the views of out-of-touch, Senior Police Officers with maybe 10 years service. (Most of that in their Ivory Towers.)

I still cannot see the point of watching the commission of a crime, if you can't intercede there and then. So to me cameras are at best an adjunct to Investigations or as an ego booster for the criminals!

I will agree though, they make better witnesses than the average human being. Even if it is too late to save a victim.

Now I really do have to get back to my workbench.
Thanks for the chance to air my views.
Cheers
John

:)

Question for you here, did you when you were that age not call some class mate such and such, pull girls pony tails, as a couple of examples. Now I know I did and I am sure at the time I didn't have much of a clue what it meant or what if any damage it would cause. Children can be very nasty to each other when they want to be. I do remember the teacher giving me a real good talking to maybe even a rap on the back of my hand. Mum or Dad would have been told and I would have had to keep out of the way at home, just in case I had the other hand rapped. That was it, nothing further would happen. So why has this been blown right out of all proportions.

TrimTheKing":og7jopv8 said:
davegw":og7jopv8 said:
I'd forgotten too. So the quote from the Headmaster :"What we do not condone is one child frightening a six-year-old with the prospect of 'going to hell' if she does not believe in God"

It's not ok for a child to say that - but it's fine for any adult? What a pile of cr*p
Sorry Dave but I have to disagree with you there. It is the Headmasters job to protect all the children under his care, not to make laws and legislate for the rest of the country.

They are two distinctly different questions with the same answer, a resounding NO.

I think there is too much being read into this. Where does it say anywhere that it is okay for an adult to say it?

Cheers

Mark

Adults - any member of the Christian Church (I was bought up a christian and I went to church - now a devout atheist) will tell you this as a fact - the only way to Heaven is through Jesus - the only alternatives to heaven are purgatory or Hell. I could be wrong but I believe that kind of choice is true of all Judeo - Christian Faiths (which includes Islam).

So if a preacher from any of these faiths came to the school and said this are you telling me that the Headmaster would intercede?

I don't agree with what the child said - or the indoctrination of any child into any religon - but I don't see how given the approach this state (and other western states) take generally on religon, and I am assuming that this was a state school, the child could be admonished.

As for the parent slagging off the school and staff in an e-mail - that should be investigated, but I'd love to know how it "fell" into the Heads hands?

davegw":asvthsi8 said:
Adults - any member of the Christian Church .....

So if a preacher from any of these faiths came to the school and said this are you telling me that the Headmaster would intercede?
Fair point, probably not, but then I would guess that with religious sensitivity as it is that this would never be invited to happen anyway as no matter what religion the representative was from there would be a fear that other religious groups (parents or children) would kick up.

I don't agree with what the child said - or the indoctrination of any child into any religon - but I don't see how given the approach this state (and other western states) take generally on religon, and I am assuming that this was a state school, the child could be admonished.
Again, fair point but they are only small kids and there is a fair chance that there are more that don't go to church than do, and for the ones who don't understand to be told that they are evil (or such) for not believing in a higher power then this can really scare some kids. For this reason if no other then the kid should be told not to discuss it with any other children.

As for the parent slagging off the school and staff in an e-mail - that should be investigated, but I'd love to know how it "fell" into the Heads hands?
Agreed on both counts. Investigation required, but if I was the mum I would be questioning myself on who my 'friends' are....

Cheers

Mark

From the KJA version...

Thou shalt have no other Gods before me...

Thou shalt not make any graven images...

Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them...

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain...

Remember the sabbath and keep it Holy...

Honour thy father and mother...

Thou shalt not kill...

Thou shalt not commit adultery...

Thou shalt not steal...

Thou shalt not covet etc...

Roy.

Digit":1e8qs72v said:
From the KJA version...

Thou shalt not kill...

Thou shalt not steal...

Roy.

What about the others? From what I recall of a recent QI programme there are actual in excess of 300 :?:

Digit":2vj6x225 said:
From the KJA version...

IMHO These are the commands of a slightly egotistical meglomaniac (no offence meant)

Digit":2vj6x225 said:

Thou shalt not kill...

Thou shalt not steal...

Roy.

These seem reasonable (depending on you neighbour of course)

The answer to that Mark is, yes, if you are Jewish.
Take the Sabbath, in Judaism it is sacrosanct, in Christianity Jesus stated that the 'Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath!'
St Paul got around these problems by, in effect creating a two tier religion, Jews to follow the old ways, the followers of Jesus a new, easier way.

Roy.

What must have it been like all those thousands of years ago when lighning was fire in the sky,god angry etc.
Trouble is now we understand it we havn't moved on.

I think this may sum up what is wrong with the UK and maybe the world in this day and age.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090219/tuk ... dbed5.html

I do not know who is right and who is wrong, but I can certainly get the gist of the text and cartoon.

Accidents cannot happen, they must be somebody's fault and as such someone has to pay, usually the rest of us in insurance premiums. And then some people think if that is the way we have to play the game, then I shall do it also.

Phil

Latest posts

Back