Tier 4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I mentioned in my post.

How do you view those manufacturing and prescribing Opioid pain killers, making millions and killing thousands ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55418874
They are not 'quacks' because they are shielded under the 'medical science' umbrella.
I agree it's appalling. That's the (relatively) unregulated free market for you. Probably safer to go straight to your neighbourhood drug dealer!

and a large number of trained medical professionals if you listen to news that isn't part of the MSM)

Evidence for that? Or do you mean the Lockdown Sceptics/Great Barrington Few?

Flu, this year? Doesn't exist according to the media! lol.

It is much reduced so far because anti-COVID measures are effective against flu as well. Just as well as getting the two together is not good news (even for the under 80s who appear to count for something in your mind).

You are adding together 2 winter seasons remember, the first "wave" was in winter 19/20, we are now in winter 20/21.

That is a constant for any statistic measured by calendar year, like excess deaths per calendar year.

PS the average person who dies in ICU from COVID loses 10 years of life expectancy.

I don't think you need a Doctorate to figure that diet, sleep, and exercise are quite important components of a healthy lifestyle

Indeed, though those marketing junk food will argue that there is no harm in it.

Sunny Delight anyone ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3257820.stm
Launched in 1998 with a £10 million promotional campaign, within months Sunny Delight had become the biggest selling soft drink in the UK behind Coke and Pepsi, with sales of £160 million a year.

So who are the quacks ?

Procter and Gamble or Dr Mercola.

It's your choice, make up your own mind, but look beyond the £££££££££.

The way I see this whole lockdown / Covid tier system is....here goes...It's a massive power grab. A power grab with addition of public funds, those funds (tax payers money, yours and mine) have been shifted from public hands into private. 12 Billion GBP to Serco for example. The virus is real, it kills people, but so does every other disease on the planet. We all die. Our freedoms has been eroded right before our eyes and right under our noses.

My view (which I suspect is wholly opposite to 90% of the views on here) may sound outrageous to you but it's always healthy to consider an opposing opinion before immediately discounting it because it's the polar opposite to "mine". If allowed to carry on there will be no economy left. The talk of Universal Income is horrifying. People should be able to earn their own money, run their own businesses & all without a heavy handed State ordering people around. This is meant to a Democracy we live in!

This virus has been weaponised & policitised in order to control the masses by governments all over the world and have allowed laws to be passed (Yes LAWS) with ZERO debate and NO VOTES by our MP's in Parliment under the guise of "it's a pandemic" a "national crisis" unprecidented in peace time Britain - all I've said here are verifiable facts, please, go ahead i urge you to look up them for yourself.

The human body can fight off any disease known or unknown if the immune system isn't compromised. For example take the time to READ the life's works of the Austrian herbalist Maria Treben. Pharmacological medicine is allopathic, it treats symptoms & not the body as a holistic whole. Another example, if one looks at the life of Paracelus the Swiss Physician one would find the mixture of herbs (11 in fact) known commonly as "Swedish Bitters". Bitter foods have been lost in the UK/US Western diet. The taste bitter isn't bad for you it's GOOD for you. Besides the benefits for ones digestion and a whole load of other diseases this can stop the onslaught of the latter stages of Covid (aka - an upper respiratory infections) never mind stopping it dead in it's tracks. The latter stages of Covid are known as a "Ketone storm" where the immune system attacks itself and organ failure starts to kicks in. I really think herbal medicine has it's place in our NHS, if not people should wake up to its efficacy. I know this all sounds too good to be true but for someone who had all the hallmarks of the disease back in mid January (I'm in my late 30's, played football and rugby and done many martial arts all my life - i'm fairly fit bloke - I couldn't get halfway up the stairs! I do an active job, telecoms engineer - climbing ladders etc etc) of this year I have followed my own advice and recovered using this simple but powerful concoction of herbs.

I'm not saying the clinically vulnerable shouldn't shield, I'm not saying go around hugging each other and have 20 over at christmas, all I'm saying is that for millennia humans have healed with herbs and western medicine and science isn't the magic elixir for all our ills and ailments. Listening to the radio and news, with it's body count and infection rate over and over for the past 9 months and you will start to believe what is spoon fed to you. It will also make to so unbeliveably scared out of your mind that you are unable to leave your bedroom let alone your house! Even if you are perfectly fit and well! For your body to 'able' and your mind to 'sick' because someone 'a professor!' has told you so! Now that makes me so ANGRY......... REALLY ANGRY!

All this post is about is a plea to your thinking brain, your logical brain - I'm begging you to all THINK. I'm a key worker in telecoms, I respect all others opinions, I abide by all the 'rules'! I won't stand too close to you at Tesco's and I wash my hands, wear gloves and a mask as i'm told to do but it doesn't mean I agree with it. I find the waste and damage to the enviroment abhorrent. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, i'm not an anti anything. I'm a man, a human like you and I CARE. I CARE about my fellow man/woman & the enviroment we live in and the freedoms we all have clearly taken for granted.

What does concern me greatly is mis-information and people being brainwashed. Brainwashed and robbed. Robbed by people whom millions voted for. Politicians of whichever colour, on whichever side of the House are not out for you or I - They are out for themselves.

You cannot blindly accept what 'they' tell you without considering anothers opinion. Otherwise you haven't got a chance of defending your own.

Ps - I love wood, I love woodworking in all it's forms. I did a year long professional designer maker course on a sabbatical from my employer 18months ago and it was the best time of my life - there are time served trademen on this forum all working with such a beautiful material, I doff my cap to you all. My plan is to earn a living working with wood. May you all have a magical Christmas/Festive Period & New Year. Here's to a great 2021.

*Steps down off soapbox*

'Science' is making trillions from this pandemic.
There is no patent available on Vit C, D and Zinc. therefore little money for science to earn from it.
The BAME community is suffering more from this disease than those without 'tinted' skin colour. This prevents them from producing Vit D naturally from sunlight as effectively as the none coloured population.
There is plenty of evidence to show that Vit D is essential to optimise the immune system.

The NHS prescribes Vit D and Folic acid (B9) to my flat bound 93 year old mother with Alzheimers.
Prescribing vitamin supplements would never have happened 20 years ago.

Dr Mercola has been advocating good food, good sleep and exercise for decades, yet he is vilified by the 'scientific' (well the big money side of it)
community, because he challenges their behaviour.

More people die in the US from prescription Opioid pain killers, than from street drugs.

Without those like Dr Mercola, the gravy train would be left to run.
Big Pharma spends billions 'lobbying' governments and medical professionals.
'Our pain killers are non addictive'

People tend to think that the scientific medical community only act to serve the good of mankind.
They also like to make a lot of money.
JD Rockerfella and his taking over the medical institutes mid 1900's is to blame for what's bad about big pharma and the total elimination of 1000s of years of herbal medicine. I'm not saying the profession is all bad. There's been a massive over reliance on antibiotics, tablets in general in the West and vaccines, well that's another stifled debate. In 2016 the WHO changed the definition of a vaccine. This C19 vaccine is nothing resembling what the pre 2016 definition was. It is a RNA therapeutic that's no more adept at controlling the spread of the virus than Uri Gueller. It only controls symptoms, that's is it, but if you look at the listed side effects of the vaccine they are the exact same as the virus itself! What a con job if ever there was one and GOD knows the long term effects. I'm beginning to wonder if the vaccine was responsible for all the 10s of 1000s of the registered dead being able to rise up and vote in America? If you speak out against the MSM narrative you are a conspiracy theorist. I've been called a murderer by a women at my chemist for not wearing a mask, I'm exempt by the way. People are being deceived and divided in Europe and America for reasons too scary to think about. All I know is that the men in this country are weak and spineless and letting all fabric of society be destroyed with barely a whimper. Follow the science my a#$e

That's the (relatively) unregulated free market for you.

Yes it would never happen in the UK with our NHS.

Doctors issued nearly 71 million prescriptions for antidepressants - a 97% increase compared to 2008. Opiates were up to 40.5 million - 22% more when compared to a decade earlier. And more than 500,000 more sleeping tablets were doled out, a 10% increase

I should think the bodies were either cremated or buried.

The sick people will most likely be in hospital. Or self isolating.

Would you prefer the government dropped off the dead at your house so you can count them? Your wheelie bin is going to fill up pretty quick.

What's your supply of Kleenex like? Got a big front room and a spare sofa? The NHS could send everyone round to your house if you like then you could keep your own tally.

Maybe you have a point though... In fact... All these people that died from old age since the dawn of time. Where are their bodies? Maybe you've hit on an international conspiracy funded by hospitals and undertakers keeping us oppressed by making us believe we can get ill and die when actually we are immortal beings! Think of the profits they must be making. I bet this is linked to the illuminati and the lizard people.

Next they'll be telling us the earth is actually a globe orbited by the sun!
Sorry mate it's obviously a bit above your pay grade.
As stated I live in the S.E that has a population density that many on here would find incomprehensible.
The actual neighbourhood I live in has a large elderly population and there is a large cemetery with crematorium. You can judge how bad the flu season or cold snap has been by the number of ambulances and hearses in the area and I have seen far worse.
I speak to people all day long and have been at work throughout, not meeting anyone who has it or that knows anyone that's had it.
Grand daughter number two has missed months of school though and since the schools reopened been sent home to isolate three times because someone in her year or tutor group or class has tested positive oddly no actual sick people.
Grand daughter number one lives with us she works in a dementia care home some of the residents get ill some get tested as positive for C19 they go to hospital and get sent back guess what the home still has lots of residents even the old and infirm don't all die of it.

Indeed, though those marketing junk food will argue that there is no harm in it.

Sunny Delight anyone ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3257820.stm

So who are the quacks ?

Procter and Gamble or Dr Mercola.

It's your choice, make up your own mind, but look beyond the £££££££££.

Talking of junk food, what does this cause OH the Obesity crisis (and dozens of other problems) which is one of the fastest ways to increase your chance of death from Covid.

If you speak out against the MSM narrative you are a conspiracy theorist.

I think that may depend in large part on what you say and how you say it and how logical and evidenced it is.

Talking of junk food, what does this cause OH the Obesity crisis (and dozens of other problems) which is one of the fastest ways to increase your chance of death from Covid.

Well people have a choice in what they eat, nobody's pretending junk food is good for you. Families on lower incomes tend to eat cheaper foods, namely processed mush and the bits of an animal that wouldn't look good on their own.

Factor in laziness, people being time-pressured, or spending their money on other stuff whether that be heating bills or cigarettes, all contribute towards problems with diet.

Maybe the good doctor can sell anti-obesity herbs?

I think that may depend in large part on what you say and how you say it and how logical and evidenced it is.

Arguing against conspiracy theorists is self-defeating. If you don't believe them you just become part of the problem they're fighting against so they'll believe you even less and become more paranoid themselves.

This C19 vaccine is nothing resembling what the pre 2016 definition was. It is a RNA therapeutic that's no more adept at controlling the spread of the virus than Uri Gueller. It only controls symptoms, that's is it

Where do you get this garbage? Youtube? Facebook?

Like the US the UK has a high proportion of people who are one or more of the following, fat, unfit, poor diet. Add on the conditions that often come with being fat, infit, poor diet and you have someone who is going to be likely to suffer badly if they catch covid. Ask any of the frontline nhs staff you know what their patients have most in common when treating for covid , it’ll be excess weight. This is often omitted in the media / reports instead referring to underlying conditions diabetes, heart disease, respiratory issues, which often arise in those with excess weight.
The UK is reaping the crop it has sown by not dealing with excess weight and by political correctness / any weight is a healthy weight/ fat shaming making the issues something that can’t be discussed.
Yes there are the young and fit that have passed away through covid but they are the statistical outliers and should not be drawn into the debate.
For the UK covid is only half the problem, it would be nice to think that Covid will spark debate and action, but the “fat vote” now numbers so many that politicians are more likely to ignore the issue.
My local NHS trust is offering weight watcher vouchers to its larger staff.

I have rarely read such drivel. You might change your attitude if you were in ICU about to peg it. I am aware that 'flu also kills people but the difference is in the time it takes to develop symptoms and I have so far not heard of the hospitals being overwhelmed with 'flu patients. Furthermore, we have vaccines against 'flu which we have only just developed to deal with Covid.

The main thing about the present pandemic is the total incompetentce of the givernment and we have just the man in charge at the moment (how did any sane person vole for Bojo) to deal with it. The vaccine, if it is effective, will reduce the infection but will not eradicate it, especially since many people don't want to be inoculated. Bubonic Plague is still with us and still kills people - thankfully not in Europe. But the same will happen with Covid-19 - it promises to always be here , changing slightly every year.

The rest of your article is academic nonsense. governments are not in the business of using pandemics to create autocracies - especially since we've had one for decades.

Well people have a choice in what they eat, nobody's pretending junk food is good for you

Was Sunny delight promoted and advertised as junk food ?

You might think government and the health service would point out how bad it is for you.

Smoking used to be presented as non health threatening, big tobacco spent millions on promoting it and lobbying government....

Maybe when our population is as obese as in the US, government might intervene.

Though government is torn between an economy that makes money and the health of the population, as in the current pandemic.

So I'll stick to Dr Mercola to present the other side of the story and make my own mind up.

You can judge how bad the flu season or cold snap has been by the number of ambulances and hearses in the area and I have seen far worse

In order to take the anecdotal evidence of Tom K as to his subjective assessment of the volume of traffic in and out of his local crematorium as persuasive evidence that the numbers produced by the Office for National Statistics are wrong, we have to assume that the whole Death Certificate/Death Register system is either suffering a one-off chronic accidental malfunction coincidentally in time with a pandemic (starting with thousands of doctors), or that an immense number of public servants are in on a mass conspiracy to lie about deaths caused by COVID for unexplained reasons and with very tight operational security and no defectors.

Alternatively, Tom K's subjective assessment as to the volume of traffic in and out of his one crematorium is either a statistical outlier in his corner of Kent or just inaccurate and swayed by his priors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back