Tier 4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bp122

Expert at Jibber-Jabber
Reaction score
I know this is a highly emotive issue, but what do you guys think of the announcement tonight?

So am I.
And I too see it as a move which is the right one (when one puts all the emotions aside)

But the wife is furious because it is our little man's first Xmas.

I'm all in favour. Or I'm not. I can't make a decision.
I'm thinking of running for Prime Minister.

Actual opinion is that if the those in charge had the vitamins this would have been arranged 3 weeks back and enforced rather than blathering on and trying to suit everybody and benefitting nobody then changing all the plans at the last minute. It's pathetic.
No one wants the traditional family Christmas cancelled. Obviously. It's horrible. People are tired of it all. Yes. I know. You know. We all know ffs.
The hard choice is how long you want to spend in a hard lockdown with all its economic, social etc negatives afterwards because the tough decision wasn't made and enforced properly in the first place.
Obviously I don't have the answers, but I do have the sense to not wish it was all about my short term needs.
It's shi*e. Get used to it. I'd rather not see my parents for a day as much as I love that day, cooking and eating and drinking with the most important people in my world than exponentially increase the risks of them dying in February so we could have a nice day in December.

We are often told 'No religion or Politics! It leads to Arguments!'
What we should have learned by adulthood is how to discuss these matters in a civil manner and with respect for other peoples opinion.

Teir 4 as well, I live in Hertfordshire.
Just trying to wrap my head around what I can do.
Was seeing 2x 87year old parents on Xmas day. Both not well, hope I get a few more future Christmas's.

Do you really want to know?
My main intention of raising this issue is not to stir things up or cause a political argument. It is mainly to let people take our their frustration here at a safe place whilst supporting other family or friends who aren't as fortunate to have an outlet such as this.

Yes, it is terrible, and everyone will have a story to back that emotion. And frustratingly, like many, I also understand it is necessary. And as much as I'd like to criticise the people making the calls, I wouldn't want to be in there does right now. It is just a bad time in everyone's lives at the moment.

But the good thing is soon there will be posts about making wood smaller, or there are already some as I write this. Life goes on, I suppose.

Teir 4 as well, I live in Hertfordshire.
Just trying to wrap my head around what I can do.
Was seeing 2x 87year old parents on Xmas day. Both not well, hope I get a few more future Christmas's.

We know it's almost certainly our last with a relative so it will be Christmas as normal for us.

Be careful, if your opinion isn't the "correct" one you will earn yourself a ban.
Been down this road before was actually told by the thread starter that my opinion wasn't the one he wanted to hear. LOL
As I told a guy the other day IRL, when he asked my opinion of the upcoming guidance.
I said "If you really want to know, I'll tell you. provided you don't tell me yours.
He didn't get it.

A woman on the radio said she was having a family Xmas lunch for sixteen - her husband wouldn't be alive for the next one. I can't say I blame her, she was equally praised and criticised.

I do feel for people - the biggest real inconvenience for me is having to pay for beer by card in the social club. :)

Last edited:
Been down this road before was actually told by the thread starter that my opinion wasn't the one he wanted to hear. LOL
As I told a guy the other day IRL, when he asked my opinion of the upcoming guidance.
I said "If you really want to know, I'll tell you. provided you don't tell me yours.
He didn't get it.
Must be the same person who coined the phrase, "let's flip for it, heads I win, tails you lose!"

My kids are in school Bob, I'm in town (W1 /E1 ) all the time. As careful as I am I'm around a lot of people. We made the decision. I would guess a lot of people will carry on regardless. It's a decison we all have to make isn't it? I'm not judging anyone here. The problem is that the careful ones like yourself are not the issue. It's the divs. The 70 percent. The nose breathers. The It's Not Real's. The How Dare They's. The School Mum's Face book Group.
Meh.

Whatever you decide to do people, I absolutely wish you the best regardless. I'm in a good mood because my Christmas meat arrived in a box today by Turner and George. Look's like meat was always on the menu boys.
https://www.turnerandgeorge.co.uk/

A woman on the radio said she was having a family Xmas lunch for sixteen - her husband wouldn't be alive for the next one. I can't say I blame her, she was equally praised and criticised.
That's really sad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back