The British Gas chat line

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selectortone

Still waking up not dead in the morning
Reaction score
I have an issue with my gas bill. Knowing how long it takes to actually talk to someone I thought I'd try their live chat. Here's what I got:

Screenshot_20231202-111551_Chrome~2.jpg

Hello Terence​

Thanks for getting in touch. One of our team will take a look and get back to you. The average time to respond is currently running at 7 days.
Your reference number is 3357848.

Just to confirm, you asked us about:
Account no A10087724 Hello. I pay my energy bill quarterly. You have started billing me a month earlier than previously. I am a 72 year old pensioner on a tight budget and this is causing me a problem. Why have you started doing this? Ps. I tried your live chat but I was 654th in the queue. I don't think I'll live that long. Thank you Terence Mxxxx​

I phoned the doctor's, I was umpteenth in the queue. I eventually got through (£7 on a pay as you go phone) and spoke to someone. You'd do better to book an appointment on line - it's much quicker, she told me. Have you looked at your site? I asked. No, actually, I haven't, she said, why do you ask? Because the first paragraph on your site says .................. if you need an appointment, please phone. You couldn't make it up.:LOL:

I phoned the doctor's, I was umpteenth in the queue. I eventually got through (£7 on a pay as you go phone) and spoke to someone. You'd do better to book an appointment on line - it's much quicker, she told me. Have you looked at your site? I asked. No, actually, I haven't, she said, why do you ask? Because the first paragraph on your site says .................. if you need an appointment, please phone. You couldn't make it up.:LOL:
Why don't you apply some constructive effort and write a (polite and non-ranting) letter to the Practice Manager suggesting amending the website ?

At 08:00 last Wednesday I called to make an appointment with a dentist. I got a recorded announcement that I didn't really understand, then the system hung up on me. 3 or 4 minutes later a real live person called me back. I explained what I wanted and they said "10:30". Which day, I asked. Today, they said. I guess I can't complain too much about having to wait.

I changed surgeries.
That wasn't the reason, it was one of a long list. The place started its downhill trajectory about ten years ago when three senior doctors retired within a few months, then a few years ago they took over another local surgery and closed it - they got too big too quickly.
The crunch came when I got a really bad case of dermatitis in my right hand which affected the knuckles really badly - my hand was extremely painful. The gave me two ointments which didn't work (after seeing photographs) and when I enquired again saying I really needed to sort this out as being wheelchair bound I transfered to the bed etc. on my hands and knuckles they told me they really needed to see me in person and would give me an appointment in six weeks.

A friend on mine has been in dispute with British Gas for a year. His meter went wrong and It recorded usage multiplied by a factor of 4. To cut a very long story short, it took 2 referrals to the ombudsman just to get an engineer to check the meter, which promptly died when disconnected, then another 2 ombudsmen interventions to get a refund. They fought him every step of the way. He thinks they work on the premise that if you mess someone about long enough they’ll give up a go away, and they keep the money.

My daughter had months of arguments with B.G. over £2000+ she didn't owe. She didn't find out they left an unnecessary black mark on her credit record until she went for a mortgag
Tell to get in contact with TransUnion.com via a credit reference agency and she might be able to get it removed or at least have her say and it will be added to her file.

Back