A Glastonbury "secret"....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cozzer

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, secret to me, anyway.
My wife's 25 year old work colleague announced that her sister and pal were going to Glasto again, especially keen to see the Arctic Monkeys - why?! - and another big name that escapes me for the minute.
Apparently the plan was to get as far to the front as early as possible - many hours before scheduled time - and enjoy the day by hitting the cans and bottles.....
Fair enough, you might think....but after a few of them, and not wishing to give up your place, wouldn't nature tend to spoil things?
"No, no", quote the 25 year old......"TENA ladies. They all take Tena pants with them...."

I’m sure more than a few also take part in filling a plastic pint glass and then lobbing it over the heads of the crowd. V-Festival was notorious for it and feeling drops falling on your head was part and parcel of being there!

Sean

I’m sure more than a few also take part in filling a plastic pint glass and then lobbing it over the heads of the crowd. V-Festival was notorious for it and feeling drops falling on your head was part and parcel of being there!

Sean
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Never been to Glastonbury, and never intend too.

I've realised after going to a few gigs at big venues that it's pretty pointless. I watched pearl jam from so far away in the manchester arena that I was just watching them on the big TV screens to be able to see them in any detail. Might as well have just stayed at home and watched them on tv.

Little places are so much better. Saw Kurt Vile the other night in Bristol in a tiny place and it was awesome.

As I’m local I’ve been to Glastonbury many times. I’ve not gone for the last few years as I’ve been too busy. The kids go every year.

It is certainly an experience and but in recent years I find myself being annoyed at having to wade through knee deep trash all over the site. The yoof today don’t seem to comprehend the idea of bins.

Watching Elton on the TV right now but I can, just, hear it live from the back garden.

I’m sure more than a few also take part in filling a plastic pint glass and then lobbing it over the heads of the crowd.
Pepsi bottles are best for weeing in(wide mouth) but the trick to throwing them in you have the lid partly on, so when it hits it comes off.
(All this explained to me by a friend)

what a load of modern garbage surrounded by filth..........

did see the Beach Boys live in Los Angeles.....they weren't that good actually.......

Lastly the best songsters from the 60's 70's played the clubs in Manchester, early 80's...
yes I'm an old gxt.......
n, don't get me started on rap, or is it wrap.......lol........

One Glastonbury secret I would like to be let in on is quite how many BBC personnel were allocated to thee event.

More than they allocated to cover the last Olympics, apparently.
Which considering BBC is the host broadcaster for Glastonbury makes perfect sense, whereas the IOC are the host broadcaster for Olympics so all the BBC have to provide is their studio + commentary there.

Also, most of the people working for the BBC won't actually be employed by the BBC but by other production companies contracted in for the event.

Other reports state 1000 BBC employed people to cover glasto..............

the BBC do seem to be trying to take over there and are trying to give the impression that they are behind it. Would love to know the final cost of the BBC coverage. I bet the top brass who are only going coz they have a press pass and have absolutely nothing to do with the technical side of the coverage won't be slumming it in tents like most of the attendees.

Which considering BBC is the host broadcaster for Glastonbury makes perfect sense, whereas the IOC are the host broadcaster for Olympics so all the BBC have to provide is their studio + commentary there.

Also, most of the people working for the BBC won't actually be employed by the BBC but by other production companies contracted in for the event.
Those production companies will presumably invoice the BBC.I find the notion of 500 of them being necessary more than a bit baffling as I have seen production crews shrink over the years as technology has allowed more to be done with less.I have distinct memories of an entire documentary being filmed on an I-phone and while I'm not suggesting half a dozen i-phone wielding bods could have provided adequate coverage,it does raise a few questions.In much the same manner that they despatch more than one network to cover sporting events and broadcast multiple versions of the action and commentary.I do harbour a few suspicions about it being a weekend of fun and freeloading for some while the others toil.

Latest posts

Back