A Glastonbury "secret"....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which considering BBC is the host broadcaster for Glastonbury makes perfect sense, whereas the IOC are the host broadcaster for Olympics so all the BBC have to provide is their studio + commentary there.

Also, most of the people working for the BBC won't actually be employed by the BBC but by other production companies contracted in for the event.
Those production companies will presumably invoice the BBC.I find the notion of 500 of them being necessary more than a bit baffling as I have seen production crews shrink over the years as technology has allowed more to be done with less.I have distinct memories of an entire documentary being filmed on an I-phone and while I'm not suggesting half a dozen i-phone wielding bods could have provided adequate coverage,it does raise a few questions.In much the same manner that they despatch more than one network to cover sporting events and broadcast multiple versions of the action and commentary.I do harbour a few suspicions about it being a weekend of fun and freeloading for some while the others toil.

you cynic you.............................

Have any of you read the diary of a Glastonbury loo cleaner, apparently there were over 700 of them

Have any of you read the diary of a Glastonbury loo cleaner, apparently there were over 700 of them

My first encounter with such facilities was in the days before portaloos were ubiquitous.All that was there was a 200 foot long trench,screened off by tarpaulins.Beyond the tarpaulins there were two horizontal rails of scaffolding tubes and you squatted on the higher one ,while using the lower as a footbrace.For other functions,one just stood there and felt safe in the knowledge that if refreshment had been indulged in,the rail should prevent a dive into the gravy swirling below.It was every bit as fragrant as you might expect and after the event the farmer just filled in the trench.It wasn't Glasto by the way.

what a load of modern garbage surrounded by filth..........

did see the Beach Boys live in Los Angeles.....they weren't that good actually.......

Lastly the best songsters from the 60's 70's played the clubs in Manchester, early 80's...
yes I'm an old gxt.......
n, don't get me started on rap, or is it wrap.......lol........
No, it's '-rap!'

My first encounter with such facilities was in the days before portaloos were ubiquitous.All that was there was a 200 foot long trench,screened off by tarpaulins.Beyond the tarpaulins there were two horizontal rails of scaffolding tubes and you squatted on the higher one ,while using the lower as a footbrace.For other functions,one just stood there and felt safe in the knowledge that if refreshment had been indulged in,the rail should prevent a dive into the gravy swirling below.It was every bit as fragrant as you might expect and after the event the farmer just filled in the trench.It wasn't Glasto by the way.
Sounds like it was a 'Stalag!':poop:

Back