Screwfix forced card ownership.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dalboy":1g6cnoa7 said:
I find this very strange but how many of you use apple products and...
Nope. No way.
Horrid business models and horrid stories, like the ones you mentioned.

Dalboy":wt441y9i said:
I find this very strange but how many of you use apple products and the minute you want a free app have to give credit card details. there are no shops that I know of that ask for credit card details just in case you want to buy something

How strange, that's never happened to me.

I have to say I find both screwfix and toolstation useful.

What is good is that an in store purchase then gets added to your online account so you can find the order afterwards

What I dont like is that screwfix dont email invoices for click and collect and they dont always provide the invoice when you collect so you have to ask, or remember to ask! Its annoying when my bookeeper moans she hasnt got the VAT invoice and then wants to input it as a T9 (without the vat to reclaim).

I have a screwfix card, it is easier at the till and being card sized fits in a wallet.

RobinBHM":1yavg7fb said:
What I dont like is that screwfix dont email invoices for click and collect and they dont always provide the invoice when you collect so you have to ask, or remember to ask! Its annoying when my bookeeper moans she hasnt got the VAT invoice and then wants to input it as a T9 (without the vat to reclaim).

Yes, I had a few invoices missing and realised it was when I ordered something which was a "Collect next day". They still seem to email invoices if you click and collect something which the store has in stock but if you order and pay online for something which they don't carry as normal stock and you have to collect next day that is when the invoices seem to go missing, in my experience anyway.

Doug

My card also came with a very handy key fob which has the QR code embossed on it, so I don't even carry the card, just attached the key fob to my car keys and I'm guaranteed to have it with me when I go in.

One of my more frequented stores too - only occasional downside for me is that I end up having to buy rather more of something than I really need - the upside being that the price for 100 of, say, M10 50mm hex head bolts is about the same price as Homebase or B&Q would charge for 10... and they're often better quality from Screwfix too.

Sorry, I've been away.
As I said my wallet and keyring as it happens are already as full as I would like them to be.
If Screwfix wanted to speed things up then perhaps they could just take my cash for the sale without bothering with any questions at all.

That way the regular trades people could have a card to scan so they keep all the receipts electronically and Screwfix get to email their best customers with all their promotions.
The not so regular customers can just pay and go no further questions asked other than "Trade Sir?"

If you're not Trade and still want the promotions then you could always register an email address on the web site.

-Neil

PS my local Screwfix already have a separate counter just for qualified trades people.

-Neil

Back