Eh?!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cozzer

Established Member
Reaction score
I've bought a compressor. A tyre-inflator, really, but handy nonetheless.

Ordered online and paid on the 15th, getting a confirmation/thank you from Messrs Aldi within minutes.
The very next day I got an email stating I should expect it "no later than the 22nd", as opposed to the originally suggested 3-5 days. Apparently, if they could get it to me sooner, they would. Either way, there was no need to contact anybody.
Fair enough. No rush. It was one of those spontaneous buys anyway, so heigh-ho....

Later the same day, another email. It's on its way! With you within the next few days!

Saturday morning brought a new email.
"You may have noticed the tracking for your order #XXXXXXXX is taking a little longer than usual to update. We would like to reassure you that your order has been dispatched from our warehouse and we are working hard to ensure this is delivered to you as soon as possible."
Er...no! I hadn't noticed, as I hadn't bothered tracking it. It was on the way...you'd said so.
The email went on.... "You do not have to contact us with regards to your order. If your parcel XXXX has still not been scanned into the carrier network after 72 hours, we will investigate..."
But I've already got a tracking number? And you gave it to me. Presumably the carrier network gave you it? Therefore it is "scanned"?

This morning's email states that EVRI (Ah! Evri! Hermes as was....) can't give any info, and when I (now!) try to track it, it's claimed the reference number - the one they provided - is incorrect.
Aldi wrote "We will look into this and if this is confirmed as lost, we will process a refund for the contents of this consignment within the next seven working days. However, please note it may take up to a further five working days to show in your account, depending on your card issuer."
So a possible 12 days, then.

They then helpfully suggest that I could re-order - and pay again - but then remind me that stock is subject to availability! They then add that " If your parcel is delivered to you successfully, or has since been scanned into the carrier network, please disregard this email."

You know what might happen, don't you? I could order another today, and the original turn up tomorrow, followed by the second. I end up with two compressors, and end up paying double for something I didn't really need!

Yes, Aldi.
Everyday Amazing....

Had a similar situation with an order from them, try googling Hermes tracking and enter your tracking number there, worked for me when Aldi and evri websites were useless

Edit to add it still took 2 weeks

On more than one occasions I've had similar and utter confusion and the following morning it turns up at my door. If I had been dishonest I could easily have claimed it never arrived and recieved a refund.

Had a similar situation with an order from them, try googling Hermes tracking and enter your tracking number there, worked for me when Aldi and evri websites were useless

Hermes rebranded to Evri so they're the same company, I wouldn't touch either of them if I have a choice.

Additional thought to my first post...

If Aldi think/know it's lost in the system, why don't they simply send me another?!
Why do I have to reorder and pay again?!

I'll try the Hermes "trick" mentioned above....ta for the idea.

Won't be a problem soon. Aldi are cutting out their mail order option completely. First to have gone is their wine delivery. removed from website in the last week or so.

EVRI are a complete shambles. I was tracking a deliver via their app which said they had "got" my parcel - and then said it was at a parcel shop and they would collect soon.

Then I got an email saturday giving me a delivery time slot. The app still said at the parcel shop. Delivery slot arrived and the parcel was delivered. The app still said at the parcel shop.

Email turns up saying they have delivered it. Yes I know that you took the photo remember. Today Monday, The app still said at the parcel shop.. Right and left hands literally don't know what is going on.

Good idea, but no joy. Number not recognised.
Mind you, the reference number given by Evri to Aldi - and thence to me - doesn't work on the Evri site either!

"We do not recognise this as a valid Evri tracking number. Please check and try again."

So their own system doesn't even recognise their own system numbers!
How many months before Evri disappear up their own rsea?! (See? I can get things the wrong way round too!)

Won't be a problem soon. Aldi are cutting out their mail order option completely. First to have gone is their wine delivery. removed from website in the last week or so.

EVRI are a complete shambles. I was tracking a deliver via their app which said they had "got" my parcel - and then said it was at a parcel shop and they would collect soon.

Then I got an email saturday giving me a delivery time slot. The app still said at the parcel shop. Delivery slot arrived and the parcel was delivered. The app still said at the parcel shop.

Email turns up saying they have delivered it. Yes I know that you took the photo remember. Today Monday, The app still said at the parcel shop.. Right and left hands literally don't know what is going on.
Seems to be localised. Evri are OK around here, it's DPD driving everybody bonkers instead. Distressed people found wandering the streets trying to flag down the van, having been promised same delivery in an hour slot, several days in a row!
Onr parcel of mine came close several times according to the tracking, and then disappeared off the radar completely. Got a refund from the supplier.
The problem was probably the new but untrained and not good english speaking driver - but I'd blame the management not him the poor sod, he was trying his hardest. He needed a bit of coaching, perhaps 2 in the van to help find the way around.
On the other hand Parcelforce always turn up about 8.30 a.m. (usually a Screwfix delivery) same bloke been doing it for several years

Last edited:
Evri OK in my area, usually books from Music Magpie, always (so far) arrive on time.

Well, that's jinxed it for you then, Stu!

Actually I've had another confusing email this very morning - just as well I didn't order a replacement yesterday after all!

"We are sorry to inform you that our carrier has experienced a minor delay in delivering your order #XXXXXX.
Please rest assured that this is still on its way to you and will be delivered as soon as possible. We expect your tracking to update in the next 24 hours."

So not lost, then.
Well, maybe it is.
Or maybe it will be, but not yet.
Then it has to be delivered, and chances are I'll be out for that five minutes.
Then I'll read it was delivered, but as nobody was in, it was put in a 'safe place'.
The bin.
On bin day.....

:rolleyes:

Aldi/evri is annoying, but Royal Mail is worse. I was expecting a package recently and when I logged in to check its progress the website told me that tracking would be available once the parcel had been delivered :dunno:

Aldi/evri is annoying, but Royal Mail is worse. I was expecting a package recently and when I logged in to check its progress the website told me that tracking would be available once the parcel had been delivered :dunno:

Ah.
I see where you've made a mistake, there.
You've tried to apply common sense and logic...

Had similar with UPS for secret Santa- dropped it at there location, was collected but not scanned by driver, so vanished from all tracking, until a fair while later and having got quite far through the claims process, it gets delivered. Was a relief it showed up but when stuff vanishes from tracking its a nightmare.
Royal Mail has recently lost some rather nice Japanese secateurs I found on eBay. Will hopefully get a refund, but they were a massive bargain that I would much rather have.
All deliveries seem to be in disarray at the moment

Ey up!

Evri has received your parcel!

So say Aldi anyway.....
I hope to God it actually works. I'd hate to have to send it back....

(Actually, for the money, I'd probably just bin it, and wax lyrical/bleat about it on here!) :sneaky:

Had similar with UPS for secret Santa- dropped it at there location, was collected but not scanned by driver, so vanished from all tracking, until a fair while later and having got quite far through the claims process, it gets delivered. Was a relief it showed up but when stuff vanishes from tracking its a nightmare.
Royal Mail has recently lost some rather nice Japanese secateurs I found on eBay. Will hopefully get a refund, but they were a massive bargain that I would much rather have.
All deliveries seem to be in disarray at the moment

Many years ago I was assured that Felco was the brand to go for, and a particular model number which escapes for the minute. I kept dropping an unsubtle hint to my beloved to no avail....but then I saw how much they ran at, so understood perfectly!
Seem to buy a bog-standard pair every summer, which invariably get broken/lost/borrowed/buried in the shed!

Many years ago I was assured that Felco was the brand to go for, and a particular model number which escapes for the minute. I kept dropping an unsubtle hint to my beloved to no avail....but then I saw how much they ran at, so understood perfectly!
Seem to buy a bog-standard pair every summer, which invariably get broken/lost/borrowed/buried in the shed!
I have felco at the moment with my pair being 25 years old and going strong after I got them at a car boot sale for £2. The pair I found would have been many times the price of new felco. So much that I can never justify buying new, and will now not know what I’m missing out on.

Back