Eh?!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sell a couple of items on eBay every month. I have given up with DPD and Evri as both have been incredibly unreliable - and of course it's impossible to get any sense from them. Purchasers assume I have a secret way to contact these firms but I only have the same useless AI chat. I moved to using Royal Mail a couple of months ago, even with the strikes they have been 100% reliable, so until that changes Evri DPD and the others can go to the same place their parcels go when they get "lost".

I sell a couple of items on eBay every month. I have given up with DPD and Evri as both have been incredibly unreliable - and of course it's impossible to get any sense from them. Purchasers assume I have a secret way to contact these firms but I only have the same useless AI chat. I moved to using Royal Mail a couple of months ago, even with the strikes they have been 100% reliable, so until that changes Evri DPD and the others can go to the same place their parcels go when they get "lost".

Might that be "where the sun don't shine..."? :cool:

IMG0045B.jpg

Phill did you try O and 0 zero I just tried and my collection / delivery code worked okay say package will be delivered tomorrow.

Well!
Slap my thigh!

Guess what's just been delivered!

After all that, it's been delivered on the day it should've been anyway!

A little tail-end to this story....

Tonight I received an email from Aldi with "Your opinion is important to us" as the subject matter, inviting me to "Leave your review".
I clicked the button and...

Not that important, then!

aldi.JPG

In France I know a few delivery drivers who were very disappointed when their companies were taken over by DPD, so much so that they were ( and still are ) very reluctant to say who they work for when asked, and to drive in their newly liveried vehicles, especially in pairs . If you speak french you'll understand why :)

we ended up using UPS for packages to and from France.....
a tad more expensive but totally reliable....
a lot of the probs is with the drivers......our's was a reg visitor to our house....
a really nice guy and happy to speak English and my ribbish sorry rubbish French...lol....

Just had a farcical collection/delivery from Royal Mail.
I needed to send a small parcel to my daughter. I decided to give RM another go as they had done a good job for me recently. I arranged for collection on Thursday last week. However nobody called for it. Later that day we realised our front door bell was not working so it was possible that RM did call but couldn't get a response.
We then received an email from RM apologising for the non-collection and inviting us to rearrange which we did for Saturday morning. The parcel was left on the doorstep for collection. Again no RM appearance. Repeat the procedure - apology, rearrange collection for Monday morning.
I thought I'd give them one more chance. If by 2pm it hadn't been collected, I'd be off to the PO (10 mile round trip). At 1.45pm I had an email saying it been collected at 1.38pm on SATURDAY. :unsure:
Opened the front door and, sure enough, it had gone.
Now here's the really farcical bit -
That evening I received an email from RM, guess what, apologising for the non-collection, would I like to rearr..........
It gets worse.
The email confirming collection told me I could track the parcel on the Parcel-Force (subsidiary of RM) website. By this time the parcel had several numbers associated with it, none of which were recognised by the PF tracker app. Why on earth do RM need 2 websites?
The good news is that daughter received the parcel yesterday.
Next time I'll be back to Evri. I've never had a problem with them. Our local man is very good. On one occasion he couldn't leave a parcel because we were out. However he left a card with his mobile number which I phoned immediately. His wife answered and said she would instruct hubby to call again on his way home.
Brian

Latest posts

Back