New electrical supply debacle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ours was straight forward as well:
Our buyers had sold and moved into rented.
Our purchase was vacant.

Well we now have a three phase supply and the heating engineer is coming to install the boiler tomorrow; it was a pain until the end.

The electrician kept putting me off and admitted the week before the install he didn't have time to do the work. After a lot of phoning around I found another but it cost me a lot more for the work.

Trench dug by a con artist - insisted the price didn't include the cost of using a breaker on his digger. He wanted another £150 for the work but got him down to £50. Not bad earnings for two guys; £400 for two hours work. Again he was a week later turning up as his digger had broken down so dug the trench only two day's before the install.

UK power networks had to dig the last meter to the pole and the digging contractors called in a week before the job started to check the location. The trench was supposed to be 500m deep. I left two guy's digging the trench and came back about an hour latter just in time to see the van disappearing in the distance. The trench was 500mm deep in a couple on places but shallower in others so I had to finish it off.

The UK power fitter called in the day before the install to check the site and two of them came back the next day and installed the cable and fuses. They had made up a cable with tails on it which saved time on the day. The cable they supplied was about half the length of the one left on site with the ducting; I will have to try and get some money back.

Phoned eON to check they were on the way and on hold for an hour so used Whatsapp and they had no record of my order even though they had taken payment. Spent nearly 2hrs on Whatsapp messaging backwards and forwards. Finally played the emergency card; if you are without power they are obliged to come and fix any problems within 3 hours. A fitter came out and installed the meter but refused to connect up the tails that my electricians had ready. He also insisted on fitting a isolator although my electricians had fitted one. If I had known eON were going to do that I could probably saved £200 on the electricians supplying and fitting one.

Back