Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made 19 of these with my kids as gifts for their teachers...

I thought they were just a nice little gift... their teachers thought they were special because unlike the tonnes of chocolates and bottles of wine they had, the kids had put effort into them.

ifa8mw.jpg

Those Christmas trees are great. Getting kids to make something it very satisfying for them (and for you no doubt)

Last thing I made : 2 boxes for my kids' first tool kits which they'll be getting as Christmas presents.

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

I used a technique of printing a mirror image of the text onto the shiny side of some label backing paper and then using this to transfer onto the ply (more detail in this thread -> lettering-for-toolbox-birch-ply-t84863.html)

Cheers
Mark

spiderlane":1qclszs0 said:
Those Christmas trees are great. Getting kids to make something it very satisfying for them (and for you no doubt)

Last thing I made : 2 boxes for my kids' first tool kits which they'll be getting as Christmas presents.

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

I used a technique of printing a mirror image of the text onto the shiny side of some label backing paper and then using this to transfer onto the ply (more detail in this thread -> lettering-for-toolbox-birch-ply-t84863.html)

Cheers
Mark
Mark the letterings turned out better than I thought it would, I follow Steve Ramsey on YouTube, when I first saw him do this I was going to make wine/port/whiskey boxes for chrsitmas with the recipients name on, unfortunately time was against me, had I known it would have looked as good I would have found the time.

Merry Christmas

Baldhead

Hi Dodge,
That's a super bookcase you have made. I have plans to make a bookcase in Sapeli. It would be first venture with this species. Is the grain difficult to work? I've read it is a very hard wood.
Regards,
John

John15":g3kqtcls said:
Hi Dodge,
That's a super bookcase you have made. I have plans to make a bookcase in Sapeli. It would be first venture with this species. Is the grain difficult to work? I've read it is a very hard wood.
Regards,
John

PM Sent John

Baldhead":22eojubp said:
Dodge":22eojubp said:
Last commission of the year just finished and ready for delivery on Monday - A large Sapele fitted bookcase.

Nice to see you back Rog, I knew you couldn't keep away :wink:

Nice bookcase too.

Merry Christmas

Baldhead

Still lurking in the background Baldhead :wink:

Just been ridiculously busy over the last few months

Made these for my Grandmother.
M+T construction for the frames with grooves/dados for the panels. All held together with polyurethane glue.
Painted with 2K paint and primer.
Long ones are approx 7 foot short one is 4 foot.
Spruce/whitewood and plywood.

Starting to look a bit like a bookcase now. Although I wish I'd just bought a Kindle instead

7C197444-BEC0-40E4-8E5D-8AFD12943E8E-2250-000006787A72A4CA_zpsd13d6247.jpg

First box I've ever made; to house a Makita plane which I bought new from eBay
MDF 9 mm; I made a groove with router to take base of box, finished off with water-based paint left over from bedroom project

bird table 008.jpg

Attachments

• bird table 008.jpg
    bird table 008.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 392
Dodge":3vvnf9ss said:
Last commission of the year just finished and ready for delivery on Monday - A large Sapele fitted bookcase.

Very classy, very much like the curved ends =D>

Back