Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spiderlane":3jfc5jqi said:
Those Christmas trees are great. Getting kids to make something it very satisfying for them (and for you no doubt)

Last thing I made : 2 boxes for my kids' first tool kits which they'll be getting as Christmas presents.

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

I used a technique of printing a mirror image of the text onto the shiny side of some label backing paper and then using this to transfer onto the ply (more detail in this thread -> lettering-for-toolbox-birch-ply-t84863.html)

Cheers
Mark

Perfect, absolutely perfect. Brilliant way to get the little ones interested =D>

10830753_10201990711168483_6417527932183508297_o.jpg

w235,d70,h440
Inspired to make this after watching Paul Sellars make one in pine, made this from recycled oak taken from scrap kitchen doors, only used hand tools and finished with 4 coats of colron french polish.
Actimm radio controled movement

Couple of fun pieces I made before Xmas

Oak & Padauk slide top box with Ash turned nails left slightly proud on the corners made as a gift for customers of mine

photo3_zpsa09f83b5.jpg

photo4_zpsd607f1dc.jpg

An Oak frame with corner fillets in Padauk

photo2_zps35c4c613.jpg

A friend asked me to make this as a present for his mum, he mounted her fathers world war 1 medals, photo & badges in it.

photo1_zps1b1a1fe1.jpg

I like the medal display case Doug B, it's got me thinking about making a similar one for my grandfather's medals

This is a jewellery box commission I finished just before Christmas if anyone is interested. The 60 in the heart represents a birthday.

Phil.

Attachments

• kr1.jpg
    kr1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 204
  • kr2.jpg
    kr2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 207
  • kr3.jpg
    kr3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 205
  • kr4.jpg
    kr4.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 206
  • kr5.jpg
    kr5.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 206
  • kr6.jpg
    kr6.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 206
  • kr7.jpg
    kr7.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 206
  • kr8.jpg
    kr8.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 206
Shut The Box game for my great nephews 18th birthday, made from Mahogany and Maple with a plywood top and base, finished with clear Briwax.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 119
Thanks for the kind words. The drawer fronts are burr walnut as is the panel in the lid. The client specified the logo with his wife's initials and left the rest of the design up to me. Yes it is quite large as jewellery boxes go.

Just finished in the workshop for the night, having spent a day making blanks for wood turning i decide to actually turn something so here goes.

My spalted horse chestnut bowl. Approx 2 inches deep and 5 inches wide. Sorry about the poor photos (and the fact its still attached to the lathe, waiting to buff the finish up tomorrow).

n0legs":36768m7l said:
Mr & Mrs Owl will be happy in these :D
Are they your own design ?

the design was created by members of the Staffordshire Barn Owl Trust to utilise the recycled plastic sheet materials attributes rather than the conventional 12mm/ 3/4" ply

the latter was used because of the increasing problems with 'marine ply' they were experiencing. 6 and 9mm sheets are used.

I modified the underlying construction because what was easy for me (with workshop and radial arm saw etc) wasn't necessarily easy for others - there's an internal box frame with the landing tray arms being lapped to the upright elements for example; so much easier than trying to add supports to the front afterwards. Simple and strong.

Time will tell; but I'm really hoping that they are a success for the Barn Owls. Currently knocking up a couple of tawny owl boxes from the offcuts and some spare ply too...

Phil Sewell":lhykldjw said:
This is a jewellery box commission ...

Phil.

really like the contrasts and proportions here. Looks like a huge amount of details work in that piece. =D>

Not sure whether I am allowed to post fretwork stuff here of not?

These are the last items I made...

Attachments

• P1010955 (Small).JPG
    P1010955 (Small).JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 407
  • P1010932 (Small).JPG
    P1010932 (Small).JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 407
Lovely scroll-work there Scrimper

What types of wood did you use on the stag one ?

Cordy":24x3su70 said:
Lovely scroll-work there Scrimper

What types of wood did you use on the stag one ?

Thanks for the kind comments.

It's just recycled scrap wood, the main fretwork part is some 3mm birch ply I found in a factory skip, the surround is an old door frame (ripped and jointed) Mahogany (or one of the lookalikes) the leaves are bits of oak and the little frames are a scrap of maple. The little frames were the hardest part to cut.

Everything I make is from scrap or recycled timber.

Back