Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DiscoStu":1cm94a8r said:
Very quickly knocked up a couple of these for tomorrow night.

Pretty good Stu..

The first and last time I tried free-hand lettering, the router decided to take a solo flight to the other end of the workshop. (Well along the bench at least.) I had forgotten that free-hand lettering involves up-cutting at times, and I think that's where I lost it! Maybe I was a little bit too sanguine! :lol:

Cheers and enjoy your Halloween thing...

John

I don't think it's pretty good, it's a bit naff, but it does the job. It did only take 10 mins and it's only to be plonked outside the house.

DSCF3983 copy.jpg

DSCF3984 copy.jpg

Finished this from a friends hand drawing, made in green oak from the farm, all I need to do now is make another :D
chainsaw at the ready tomorrow :mrgreen:
They will be allowed to dry and maybe check, but that is what she wants to happen.

Attachments

• DSCF3983 copy.jpg
    DSCF3983 copy.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 426
  • DSCF3984 copy.jpg
    DSCF3984 copy.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 424
I like that curve. To me the bulk of the form seems to be nearer the bottom. It gives a feeling of being well anchored, and therefore stable.
xy

xy mosian":2qlkbtw0 said:
I like that curve. To me the bulk of the form seems to be nearer the bottom. It gives a feeling of being well anchored, and therefore stable.
xy
Well I only made what the lady drew and she is an artist, the drawing came with some measurements on as to how high and max width at the "bulge" all other measurements were mine in order for it to look and feel right, they are destined to be lamps eventually.

Small version of Steve Ramsey's lumber cart, much needed as emptying half my shelf under work table for one or two pieces had become very annoying.

zbiiq.jpg

We needed a bigger post box for when we go away, so ran this up from a couple of old 1970s style Sapele banister boards that have been in the garage for the last couple of years. Parts dominoed together, and door run up from 3 pieces, but then run across the router table with a "V" scribing bit to mimic t&g. Finished with one coat of Sikkens Cetol light oak stain, and 3 of Sikkens Filter 7 plus (light oak).

P1130343.JPG

That looks great Roger - but I'd be a bit concerned about the lock, anyone can help themselves to the contents and lock the door behind them....

Setch":3rzefkzr said:
That looks great Roger - but I'd be a bit concerned about the lock, anyone can help themselves to the contents and lock the door behind them....

Possibly, but anyone really determined would just rip it off the wall anyway. We avoid ordering anything of value when we're going away so if they want the usual freebies, double glazing leaflets etc then let them have them!

RogerM":233id11j said:
Setch":233id11j said:

Possibly, but anyone really determined would just rip it off the wall anyway. We avoid ordering anything of value when we're going away so if they want the usual freebies, double glazing leaflets etc then let them have them!

This gives me a thought. One thing on my list is to build an Oak gate. Would it be a bad idea to build an oversized letter box to allow the postie to post "medium size" parcels through? I'm sick to death of driving to the depot!

Cusimar,

Problem is, sometimes the parcel has to be signed for; defeating the object I guess! I just get them to leave stuff in the porch, and sign an 'X'! :mrgreen:

Don't use my scrollsaw much and when I do its to make templates in 1/8" ply, but seen this design and thought it would be great to make some for my kids and family friends.

Just need painting and a wheeled base.

s13fc7.jpg

Combination table/blackboard for our little boy. Top and frame from pine. Standard T&M construction by hand. Frame finished with wax and shellac.

In use:

Strength testing...

In quite pleased because a friend has just asked me to make another one for her grandchild - my first commission!

Cheers,
Mike

A great idea Mike. I recently made a chalkboard and easel for my granddaughter, and I think this could have solved another problem. Her own table for meals!

Nice one.

John

Sycamore bookcase to fill entire wall 3Mtrs x 2.4Mts high. Built in 4 sections. The infill panels in the baser are from Ash.

Attachments

• Image11.jpg
    Image11.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 238
  • Image21.jpg
    Image21.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 238

Latest posts

Back