Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doris":j96q4pt2 said:
28c37a8aea955f96a6ca92b10daa5500.jpg

I've lost count how many of these I have made for people lately

Very impressive Doris.

xy

xy mosian":1d1u7edy said:
Doris":1d1u7edy said:
28c37a8aea955f96a6ca92b10daa5500.jpg

I've lost count how many of these I have made for people lately

Very impressive Doris.

xy
Shouldn't there be one with a red nose Doris?

PS, Or is Rudolph the one with a walnut nose? :D

They are kinda cute SWIMBO says. I agree!

Rippled Sycamore and Elm 3D wall art

Attachments

• IMAG1340 (362x640).jpg
    IMAG1340 (362x640).jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMAG1332 (362x640).jpg
    IMAG1332 (362x640).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMAG1337 (362x640).jpg
    IMAG1337 (362x640).jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 131
DiscoStu":2w20fq85 said:
Made a sweet dispenser with my middle daughter (10) for her junior D of E award.

I will make one of them for my dear wife!
She is a fruit gum addict.

how does the feed work and not overflow please?

Benchwayze":2fjoioaz said:

Oh yeah the amount of people saying that there needs to be one with a red nose kind of made me realise I needed to paint one. I painted the walnut coloured one in the end and the picture I posted up was before I painted his nose. So well spotted lol

DiscoStu":2fezbl74 said:
Made a sweet dispenser with my middle daughter (10) for her junior D of E award.

That is awesome! OH could probably do with one for his chocolate raisin fetish.

Doris":d677bguu said:
Benchwayze":d677bguu said:

Oh yeah the amount of people saying that there needs to be one with a red nose kind of made me realise I needed to paint one. I painted the walnut coloured one in the end and the picture I posted up was before I painted his nose. So well spotted lol

Nice one Doris. Now you should make the 'Santa' and sleigh... For a full set! :ho2

John :D

Doris":x6gogju9 said:
DiscoStu":x6gogju9 said:

That is awesome! OH could probably do with one for his chocolate raisin fetish.

*tries to look innocent*

Benchwayze":1hzpo920 said:
Doris":1hzpo920 said:
Benchwayze":1hzpo920 said:

Nice one Doris. Now you should make the 'Santa' and sleigh... For a full set! :ho2

John :D

Done it. Lol (although no Santa sorry)

d246cb1a53b66c1215f4de6a9d17c7ed.jpg

I started making this a couple of months ago. Don't laugh. I didn't go at all in October because there was a glass course on.

I can't actually remember why I decided to make it, I don't need it specifically now for a job. But anyway, I had a go. Now I am no metalworker, as I'm sure sure that Mr Aspey, who must be retired by now, will testify. And there are no prizes for spotting the Mk1 version...

P1030076.JPG

It's a centre-line finder for my router. It will fit either a 1/4" or 1/2" collet and shows me where the centre-line of the cut will be when I install the actual cutter. I used to have a nice one made for me by my (now-ex) BIL. Now I have a nice new one made by me.

My mate Alan at the Community Workshop help me with advice and lathe setup (it's a really rubbish Clarke lathe, a really terrible piece of "engineering"). But the actual cutting was by yours truly.

I've tried to "blue" the finished item by heating it and dropping it into oil. I was supposed to get it cherry-red, according to Alan, but it never got that far on my kitchen hob, I just got it as hot as I could. I'll see if I still have possession of a blow-lamp and have another go. Apparently this makes it unlikely to rust. As I say, I'm no metalworker.

Anyway, I'm pleased with it.

Attachments

• P1030076.JPG
    P1030076.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 376
Steve, sell the first one as a banana locator :wink: :D

Pete

LOL, Pete!

Rod, I was holding it by the small end, turning the big point, and being a bit heavy handed. It'd hard to tell what is and what is not a heavy cut. Anyway, that was the result.

Alan is a smashing bloke. He was an engineer in his working life (electrical, I think, but he has a wide knowledge and experience) and is generous with his time and skills.

S

I bought my centre-point Steve.

I seem to recall it was quite soft. I put it in the collet of my router, clamped to the bench and trued it up with a file, so I knew it was dead centre, for that router. I was going to try hardening it, but I didn't see the need. It isn't a cutter after all, and it did the trick, finding centres for making my base plates, for various jigs.

I haven't seen it for a few years. But then I haven't seen my shop floor either; for the shavings and dust that are almost ankle deep now! ! :mrgreen:

"I will make one of them for my dear wife!
She is a fruit gum addict.

how does the feed work and not overflow please?"

So the lid for the jar has a hole cut in it (big enough to let the sweets through) the piece of wood that is used to collect the sweets has the "tray" routed into it but it only goes from the front to about 1/3 of the way back. The hole in the jar lid is positioned so that it is towards the front of the unit. The rest of the draw is left as solid wood so that when you pull the draw out the solid wood goes under the hole and stops all the sweets from dispensing. I've also routered a grove in the wood below the tray and put a pin in the tray, this prevents the draw from being removed and all the sweets dispensing!

Here is a photo of the grove, hopefully that helps?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416387285.165493.jpg

Let me know if you'd like any more info.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416387285.165493.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416387285.165493.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 349
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I enjoy woodwork at DIYer level and recent redundancy made my early retirement decision for me, leaving me more time to tinker with 'around the home' woodworking projects in the garage. :)

Anyway, I recently bought an old Startrite table saw (in bad shape) that I set about refurbishing and re-powder coating and went on to make an improved Biesemeyer style fence for it (copy of VSC Tools version). I then decided to make a router cabinet and router fence and finally decided to make a trolley unit to put the saw and router cabinet on, to move it around the garage easily. This is the end result, which works quite well:
EXTENDED(Medium).jpg

FENCE (Medium).jpg

Router table 1 (Medium).jpg

Router table 2 (Medium).jpg

router fence.jpg

I'm having a go at making a new front door for the house next, using Oak or Idigbo. I made a pair of louvre doors this summer (in pitch pine) for the woodshed I built last year (see below), so I'll be using my experience in making them in the front door project. However, I am going to have to pick members brains about the suitability of my ideas for the door because a) I'm not a joiner and b) it's a bit different than the usual construction. I guess I'll need to post in the General Woodworking section for this.

Woodshed doors.jpg

Anyway, nice to join the forum, I'll likely be spending hours pouring over stuff on here. :D

Attachments

• EXTENDED(Medium).jpg
    EXTENDED(Medium).jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 306
  • FENCE (Medium).jpg
    FENCE (Medium).jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 306
  • Router table 1 (Medium).jpg
    Router table 1 (Medium).jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 306
  • Router table 2 (Medium).jpg
    Router table 2 (Medium).jpg
    198 KB · Views: 306
  • router fence.jpg
    router fence.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 306
  • Woodshed doors.jpg
    Woodshed doors.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 306
Thanks Monkeybiter, much appreciated. Is there something I need to do to get notifications of replies to my posts? I don't seem to get them.

Excellent work there. I like the router table, might be making one myself in the next few weeks.

Back