Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1673188509524.png

It took me eight weeks to demolish the old shower and put in the new one, Oh and OH wanted the Toilet moved, so re-plum the soil outlet.

I (being retired) looked at joining a Mens Shed but the emphasis on chatting and drinking tea didn't really appeal! - the woodwork (making bird boxes) was a bit basic.

That said, the concept is great for men that are perhaps lonely, at a loose end etc to meet with potentially like-minded blokes and share a hobby.

I (being retired) looked at joining a Mens Shed but the emphasis on chatting and drinking tea didn't really appeal! - the woodwork (making bird boxes) was a bit basic.

That said, the concept is great for men that are perhaps lonely, at a loose end etc to meet with potentially like-minded blokes and share a hobby.
Never made a birdbox not on my watch!

We had this guy come up from the south clever guy engineer etc his shed made bird boxes, hedgehog boxes etc. I thought how boring

We don't tend to make repetitive stuff as I must have ADHD! - Santa sleigh now the workshop, oak bench in Baildon! Toolboxes at Bradford group!

Don't know if our local men's shed is the same one Rob is referring to (North Cotswolds I think) but they put out a lot ot bird boxes and the like at the local GPs surgery, never seem to sell though

Don't know if our local men's shed is the same one Rob is referring to (North Cotswolds I think) but they put out a lot ot bird boxes and the like at the local GPs surgery, never seem to sell though
No - not that one, but not too distant.

Inspired by @petermillard and his recent Mondrian table I spent a wet and miserable day in the workshop creating a some "pallet wall art" for our garden (the door is faux)

Pallet timber planed and thicknessed, strips cut, all stained/painted and glued/pinned to an oddment of OSB.
Went to the Mondrian exhibition at the Tate Margate a while ago. Fascinating to see so many so close up, but they really haven't aged well at all. Some are very fragile with lots of paint flaking etc.

Went to the Mondrian exhibition at the Tate Margate a while ago. Fascinating to see so many so close up, but they really haven't aged well at all. Some are very fragile with lots of paint flaking etc.
Mine has 3 coats of yacht varnish so hopefully it'll withstand the weather :)

Don't think you are supposed to Yacht varnish or leave works of are out in the weather. 😱

So today I got back into the maker space after Fridays entertainment and decided to start on a project I set myself, our godson and his partner are getting married so I thought I would make a pair of the Victorian figures I made for the school fair but bigger, today I got the female form done, I'm happy enough with her, my only negative is the head, I think it should have been taller and taper down to the neck as it looks squat and round.
Made from Ash with a little bit of spalting, stands about 9 inches tall and finished with linseed oil, will add a couple more coats over the week.
20230110_153659.jpg
20230110_153652.jpg
20230110_153637.jpg
20230110_153623.jpg
20230110_153616.jpg

So today I got back into the maker space after Fridays entertainment and decided to start on a project I set myself, our godson and his partner are getting married so I thought I would make a pair of the Victorian figures I made for the school fair but bigger, today I got the female form done, I'm happy enough with her, my only negative is the head, I think it should have been taller and taper down to the neck as it looks squat and round.
Made from Ash with a little bit of spalting, stands about 9 inches tall and finished with linseed oil, will add a couple more coats over the week.
View attachment 150873View attachment 150874View attachment 150875View attachment 150876View attachment 150877
Great your back to it after Fridays assault!

Latest posts

Back