Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like 'em too. A bit dark for my domicile as my lounge can be gloomy when the sun don't shine!
They look just the ticket, and the carving lifts them too.

Nice work.

Cheers

monkeybiter":2twuvrcv said:
I rather like those tables, very nice to see carved detail on the edge. What did you use to colour he Oak? [The main brown]

Thank you. It's a dark walnut water-soluble dye from WD Lockwood.

The tables are for a traditional library where all the furniture is quite dark, so hopefully these tables will suit the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the nice comments about the hanging basket ;) I had the colander for quite a while before I thought of how I could hang it. I've got a much smaller one that I'm trying to think of how to hang- kind of done the hammer thing now. Perhaps I should just pinch my work mates biggest chisel and drive that in the post :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

:lol: :lol: It's a replica of this ...

Attachments

• Alice-disneyscreencaps.com-919.jpg
    Alice-disneyscreencaps.com-919.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 170
Probably not the best place to show this kind of work, but I have used wood lol.

I'm currently converting a Ford Transit Luton into a campervan/motor home. I've recently removed the roller shutter door (can't believe the weight in it), and studded out a frame and skinned it with 12mm ply.

I'll just link to the blog rather than fill this page with pics :)

http://www.myhousecanmove.com

Attachments

• 20150921_134711.jpg
    20150921_134711.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 97
I got my phone all plumbed in the other night.
8c425ae9f55f0dd7c55d1c58e0b7b8fe.jpg

It's a but odd having the camera recording all the time- especially going from the bathroom to bedroom morning and evening :eek:
Future project will be converting some speakers into headphones to go on the other end of ...
d3e2814d9c5b648ec1bcfc4ad2ac93a8.jpg

That'll have to wait until Christmas has been and gone ;)
Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Wouldn't it be nice, she said, to remove the built in wardrobes and have some freestanding ones so that when we move we can take them with us?

This ended up being a full suite of bedroom furniture so we have hanging space with drawers under together with a chest of drawers and two bedside cabinets (not pictured). Hanging part is separate from drawer base.

All made from 22mm MR MDF rails/stiles and 9mm MDF panels. Drawers 12mm birch ply on full extension runners.

The hardwood 'trim' and tops for the chest of drawers/bedside cabinets plus door knobs is recycled fire station doors (teak). We decided to leave some of the old mortise and tenon joints showing as a reminder of it's past. Have to say it's beautiful grain.

Latest posts

Back