Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[Well, like any woodworker I just look at them as a series of minor mistakes. :)
They play pretty well though- I was a pro player before I became a builder so I know what I like in that regard.

I'm hoping the next few are a step up in terms of finish and overall build quality.[/quote]

Ha ha, I know what you mean. I made my first guitar last year and feel exactly the same - a series of minor mistakes but it plays quite well. Not sure I have the resolve to attempt another! :)

Setch":2hbcrglz said:
Thanks XY! It was fiddly work, and I only just had enough rosewood, and barely enough time to get it done. Suprisingly, the names were relatively easy, even though they're composed of about 70 components.

How clever =D>

I've just finished this cot bed for our little one, WIP in my sig if anyone's interested :)

21603865438_c0942c292f_b.jpg

Setch":1jgz963r said:
Thanks XY! It was fiddly work, and I only just had enough rosewood, and barely enough time to get it done. Suprisingly, the names were relatively easy, even though they're composed of about 70 components.
I can see that if you are used to using an ' Eye operating tool ' then what I see as tricky would fall easily to you.
Nice job.
xy

I've always wanted to post something to this thread...my first project;

workbench.jpg

Attachments

• workbench.jpg
    workbench.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 483
Almost finished the garden decking... Just one last piece to fit.

Mrs wanted the pallet look.

33cp5xl.jpg

I made a strange hanging basket with a huge colander I got from the tip and two hammers I bought from eBay for under a tenner
01004188bcd65fecc1f575dc18e9c6f4.jpg

823feb9f2a6ef5fa580eae43a6547dba.jpg

I drilled a hole big enough so a long coach screw would go through then welded it on the back of the claw. I've never struggled so much just drilling a 10mm hole- It never crossed my mind that the head would be hardened and snap/blunten drill bits for a pastime :D just need to fill it with some flowers now.
After having the other planters I made empty for months, I finally bought 1 plant, then another, then another and started filling them.
9b5c99d2451df2e85713e3d5a401bab0.jpg

I just wanted to update with them finally being used ;)
I'm sure the novelty of getting my hands muddy will soon wear off- probably around the time all the plants start dying :lol:

Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Doris":2m0yvpde said:
375fd1b392d0a107ba52125472e45060.jpg

Some of this years reindeers. Made from mahogany this time and twice as big.

You manage to get so much movement and drama into your carving, simple little figurines but they're full of vitality. I exhibit furniture at a couple of county shows each year and get to see endless amateur wood carving, almost all of it is as dull as ditchwater, your stuff makes most of it look like firewood by comparison.

@Coley51...that planter at the back looks nice. My MiL is after a planter, I might try a similar style.

This weekend I finished off my firewood store;

firewood_store.jpg

I've since filled in the sides at the top, and I've realised I don't have as much wood as I thought it did.

(also...yes, I need to do some gardening).

Attachments

• firewood_store.jpg
    firewood_store.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 211
custard":1xbtxxb6 said:
Doris":1xbtxxb6 said:
375fd1b392d0a107ba52125472e45060.jpg

Some of this years reindeers. Made from mahogany this time and twice as big.

You manage to get so much movement and drama into your carving, simple little figurines but they're full of vitality. I exhibit furniture at a couple of county shows each year and get to see endless amateur wood carving, almost all of it is as dull as ditchwater, your stuff makes most of it look like firewood by comparison.

Wow thanks thats probably the best compliment I've ever received so far. :D

What county shows do you go to? I noticed you're in the south east and was wondering if perhaps we may have crossed paths.

Alexam":10kwymdi said:
Latest Bandsaw Box two drawers and secret drawer. Cut through with double quaver.

That's very cool =D>

:arrow: Coley, the hanging basket is genius =D>

Can't remember the last thing I posted here, so here's a piece I finished recently.

White oak nesting tables. Shellac and oil finish, with the carvings picked out in yellow ochre milk paint.

Attachments

• IMG_9293_01.JPG
    IMG_9293_01.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_8062_01.JPG
    IMG_8062_01.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 269
I rather like those tables, very nice to see carved detail on the edge. What did you use to colour he Oak? [The main brown]

monkeybiter":7fmaud43 said:
I rather like those tables, very nice to see carved detail on the edge. What did you use to colour he Oak? [The main brown]

+1, I like the carving

Latest posts

Back