Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made some doors late last year (post925463.html#p925463). The weather turned so the project was shelved as painting in my unheated garage workshop was a no no. All summer I was busy with other things, my wife's office refurb. and staircase refurb. Finally got round to attempting to finish the lobby-larder. Last weekend I fitted the hinges and trimmed the doors to fit the carcass, then during the week after work I

Monday: applied filler to the raw MDF edges
Tuesday: sanded the filler and the untreated edges
Wednesday: primed the MDF
Friday: sanded the un-filled edge and undercoated the whole lot

Saturday/Sunday: top coats

Larder Doors by Mseries, on Flickr

not sure there is much difference between the filled and not filled edges. We'll see once the paint has hardened

The last thing I made is actually the first thing that I made, and its thanks to this forum (and heaps of YouTube videos) that it was such a succes!

As I've said before, I'm new to this hobby and needed a place to practice my butchery, so it seemed obvious that I dive straight into the deep end and build a workshop......

Voila!
IMAG0865.jpg

I'm happy with my first attempt, even more importantly, SWMBO is impressed enough to ask me to build a log cabin for the kids next year!

*Edit removed blurb as I've done a WIP thread

Pocket watch stand and 40 year calendar. Made from reclaimed mahogany. I'm no photographer, so excuse pic. The line round inside circumference of watch recess is brass inlay, not a mistake LOL. As i said pic is rubbish. Yes the watch is a bit close to edge, beginners mitake as i did cut-out before bevel edge...DOH

A couple of Welsh Stick Chairs after John Brown.
IMG_0017-resizex-3.JPG

They have taken most of the summer but kept me out of mischief.

xy

Attachments

• IMG_0017-resizex-3.JPG
    IMG_0017-resizex-3.JPG
    216.1 KB · Views: 144
Nothing major but the other half was nagging for one!

Made from a big slab of Burr Elm and finished in food safe oil and a thin coat of bees wax.

Attachments

• 20150919_173431.jpg
    20150919_173431.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 20150919_173514.jpg
    20150919_173514.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 85
xy mosian":3blhg3xa said:

xy

They look lovely xy, well done =D> =D> =D>

They'll be family heirlooms :lol:

Regards Keith

Melinda_dd":1pnladyy said:

Made from a big slab of Burr Elm and finished in food safe oil and a thin coat of bees wax.

Nicely Done! That must have taken some whittling from a ' big slab of Burr Elm ' , hey hey.

xy

Woodchips2":1kb9tu0r said:
They look lovely xy, well done =D> =D> =D>

They'll be family heirlooms :lol:

Regards Keith

Thanks Keith. If they last 'til I don't need them anymore that'll do me.

xy

monkeybiter":19smej93 said:
That's a lovely little piece, well matched to the blade, I think.

Thanks mike. I'm really pleased with the shape... just wish I used a lil less glue so there was no gap... could have got the blade in all the way :(

xy mosian":3vu4cjbd said:
Melinda_dd":3vu4cjbd said:

Nicely Done! That must have taken some whittling from a ' big slab of Burr Elm ' , hey hey.

xy

Thanks. ... it took a little time. .. but was sped up no end with the help of my mini bandsaw and a sanding bit in my drill press!!

xy mosian":3f69ledx said:
jamesevenlode":3f69ledx said:
I made these:

11270366_1451105438522725_7061626232040655717_o.jpg

They look great, I'll bet you get a big kick from playing them, or hearing someone else do so.

xy

Cheers,

Well, like any woodworker I just look at them as a series of minor mistakes. :)
They play pretty well though- I was a pro player before I became a builder so I know what I like in that regard.

I'm hoping the next few are a step up in terms of finish and overall build quality.

xy mosian":l7eccb5v said:

xy

Stunning =D>

Melinda_dd":1sdho8ks said:

Looks great M_dd :D

Latest posts

Back