Favourite quotes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And If it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first."

Samuel Langhorne Clements

Thanks to a poster of note on here in bygone years (I won't embarass him by naming) this evolved - via modern abreviative text - to "JFDI".

Life is one crisis to another...!

Richard Nixon I believe!

Life isn't meant to be easy. It's hard to take being on the top - or on the bottom. I guess I'm something of a fatalist. You have to have a sense of history, I think, to survive some of these things... Life is one crisis after another.

“The lesson I've learned the most often in life is that you're always going to know more in the future than you know now.”

Taylor Swift.

"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?" Albert Einstein

By my French and German teacher 50 years ago, in a high pitched screaming voice… “Boy……. you’ll never pass anything…… but water!”

“Sweetie, if you’re going to be two-faced, at least make one of them pretty.” – Marilyn Monroe

“When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion.

You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in. No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow. They know it's going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kinds of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt.”

Robert Pirsig.

Back