Who else thinks this?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK perhaps not racist but easily misread and pretty insensitive in the context of football racism which is now having a new lease of life.
It really isn't easy to misread. Look at the picture and then read the massive words in white (am I allowed to say to white or will you accuse me of being a Neo nazi?):ROFLMAO:
Then make a forum post(y)

[
It really isn't easy to misread. Look at the picture and then read the massive words in white (am I allowed to say to white or will you accuse me of being a Neo nazi?)
Then make a forum post
It is easy to misread. I misread it.

Jacob, you should apologize to TN. iMO.
OK apologies but with qualifications - jokes easily interpretable as racist are best avoided. There are too many of them going around which ARE racist, particularly now following the penalties.

Last edited:
...hence "the taking of the knee' etc. It's a live and sensitive issue.
Yes, well, there's another bit if pollitical correctness going on there. Why is it OK to "take the knee" but not OK to wear a poppy on Remembrance Day if you are a player because the poppy is a political symbol (?).

Yes, well, there's another bit if pollitical correctness going on there. Why is it OK to "take the knee" but not OK to wear a poppy on Remembrance Day if you are a player because the poppy is a political symbol (?).
No idea. You'd have to ask them - which I guess is the whole point. One obvious answer of course is that black players get high levels of abuse and this is one way of fighting back. Nothing political about that.
Political/humanitarian, depends on the intention of the person doing it, or the interpretation of the viewer?
Is the poppy a political symbol? It wasn't supposed to be, it has changed somehow.

There is something fundamentally wrong with that statement, a woman cannot have testicles just like a man cannot have a pair of mamary glands, Ok I accept that some men shaped like space hoppers may have a pair of fat sacks that may bare some resemblance to boobs but they are just fat. People need to get things back into normal reality and learn the birds & bee's and realise that there are male, female and the right angle brigade who are bad workers because they abuse their tools, everything else has some form of autism, just a miswiring of the brain that causes confusion and stewed hormones.

this has been split into a pretty simple two-part thing in the US:
* sex is the term used for your physical characteristics at birth. Even those are sometimes ambiguous, but most of us don't have such an issue - our sex is defined and unchanging
* gender is what you feel like on a given day (for some) or what you choose in a longer term (by something more permanent).

The latter is territory for debate, so there can certainly be women by gender with male parts.

It's certainly true that the first bullet point is relatively easy to determine for some, but for others. Clear cases of ambiguity are around 1 in 1000 to 1 in 1500, which means if you live in an area with any significant population, that won't be that difficult to run into.

that leads to another thought - one would think that this actual biological issue has come up in the olympics or eligibility, etc. there was an article about a female sprinter several years ago that rather than being discussed due to the second bullet point, was discussed because the first wasn't clear. After competition, she was disqualified...

...edit, I thought this was worth looking up:
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/azeenghorayshi/sex-testing-olympians
It turns out there are tons of articles, and not of the same person, meaning this is not uncommon. What's troubling from this article is that even in 2016, it appears the practice of examining (visually) has gone by the wayside and *women who are anatomically appearing to be women but with naturally high testosterone levels are disqualified from competing as women*. The article suggests that in the interest of fairness without embarrassing anyone, a cheek swab is used.

there ought to be profuse apologies for this at this point. Can you imagine being a husband of one of these athletes, otherwise "enjoying yourself" so to speak, and then being told that your athletic wife (who looks like a woman to you clothed or not) isn't a woman? Come on.

Maybe we should just tell swimmers with long arms that they'll be disqualified unless they swim with their fingers spread apart because it's "unfair".

All that said - important to ask whether discussing sex or gender before arguments become pointless.

OK apologies but with qualifications
It would appear that a leopard can change its spots (with qualifications), and I salute you. A year ago that apology would never have been forthcoming.

Accepted, without condition.

Multiball ...................... 🤣

The beautiful game, I loved it, thought it was a great Euro's. Penalties are just part of the game. Stick to your tennis, stop watching and sticking your nose in to a sport you don't like.
Trouble is people watch a final who have no interest, I wish people wouldn't as you spoil it for us.
I can't understand in tennis why they don't just hit it back looks pisss easy.

I didn't have you down as one to spout sour grapes, @doctor Bob

I didn't have you down as one to spout sour grapes, @doctor Bob
Nor did I but I guess, frustration, disappointment and people talking a bit of tosh (see some posts to see some didn't really watch it, may have caught 5 mins) has driven me to it.
I'll offer an apology to all I have had a nibble at, just a very frustrating evening.

What a terrible bunch of snowflakes.

Edit; apart from doctor bob. :)

After seeing what some England fans did to the Danish supporters, me and the girls decided to support Italy. I would imagine that after seeing that most of Europe felt the same.

Shame on England.

I apologise unreservedly to cucumbers everywhere. Even though my disinterest was only hypothetical.

John thank you, very honest apology, however some courgettes are still upset as they believe your uncalled for comments were aimed at excessively watery vegetables and not just cucumbers.

gender is what you feel like on a given day
I can understand gender being "shitte" or " over the moon" because these are feelings but if you are male then the only reason that you may feel like a woman or visa versa is due to mental health, something has gone wrong with the programing or some miswiring and we all know mental health has become such a huge problem, easy to understand with the current state of our world but society has to accept it has played a large part. One of natures objectives is conservation of the species which requires male and females to reproduce, without this fundamental concept the species would die out. This makes everything that falls outside of these parameters abnormal or defective as far as nature is concerned and basicaly nothing more than a chocolate tea pot or a plastic teabag.

If you put a VW badge on your lawnmower, it does not make it a VW or a car and it will remain a lawnmower, ths simple fact is what some people need to accept, you are what you are and not what you may wish to be.

After seeing what some England fans did to the Danish supporters, me and the girls decided to support Italy. I would imagine that after seeing that most of Europe felt the same.

Shame on England.

Don't look up Italian ultra's then.

I can understand gender being "shitte" or " over the moon" because these are feelings but if you are male then the only reason that you may feel like a woman or visa versa is due to mental health, something has gone wrong with the programing or some miswiring and we all know mental health has become such a huge problem, easy to understand with the current state of our world but society has to accept it has played a large part. One of natures objectives is conservation of the species which requires male and females to reproduce, without this fundamental concept the species would die out. This makes everything that falls outside of these parameters abnormal or defective as far as nature is concerned and basicaly nothing more than a chocolate tea pot or a plastic teabag.

If you put a VW badge on your lawnmower, it does not make it a VW or a car and it will remain a lawnmower, ths simple fact is what some people need to accept, you are what you are and not what you may wish to be.
Oooh, err!

We are progressing from that binary point of view, I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back