Who else thinks this?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said that it's purely an England issue, but it is an England issue and has been for a very long time. It's about time England sorted it out and set an example of how to behave in a civilised manner.

I agree, how would you do it?

Sex determination is not a simple X Y chromosome, presto you're male or female. There's quite a bit of variability in there, and how it affects your mind in your development and results in your gender identification is something that is being studied and probably not well understood, but the fact that people feel different than what their physical appearance shows is a fact. People that are not straight do not behave in that way just to confuse _you_ or anger _you_, they exist and all the denial and simplification you want to believe is not going to make their existence disappear.

This video may be informative, . Or if you want to go deeper, take a look at Sex Determination: Why So Many Ways of Doing It?

Rafael

Sex determination is not a simple X Y chromosome, presto you're male or female. There's quite a bit of variability in there, and how it affects your mind in your development and results in your gender identification is something that is being studied and probably not well understood, but the fact that people feel different than what their physical appearance shows is a fact. People that are not straight do not behave in that way just to confuse _you_ or anger _you_, they exist and all the denial and simplification you want to believe is not going to make their existence disappear.

This video may be informative, . Or if you want to go deeper, take a look at Sex Determination: Why So Many Ways of Doing It?

Rafael

So out of the 67 million people who populate the UK, how many are affected by this gender identification/misidentification stuff? If it is not a significant proportion, why is there all the fuss? Who cares if a person of one gender wishes to live as a person of another gender? I don't. They can fill their socks/stockings with it and good luck to them. My only concern is that a tiny minority have a disproportionately high lobby prescence in our political halls and the needs of that minority begin to take priority over the needs of the majority.

So out of the 67 million people who populate the UK, how many are affected by this gender identification/misidentification stuff? If it is not a significant proportion, why is there all the fuss? Who cares if a person of one gender wishes to live as a person of another gender? I don't. They can fill their socks/stockings with it and good luck to them. My only concern is that a tiny minority have a disproportionately high lobby prescence in our political halls and the needs of that minority begin to take priority over the needs of the majority.
It's something the right are obsessed with and continually accuse the left of being "woke" etc and prioritising tiny minorities.
It isn't true but they will keep banging on forever!
There are changing attitudes though - easy to forget that homosexuality was illegal before 1967 but that has all changed. Change is usually little and late but conflicts/misunderstandings/mistakes are bound to crop up in the process and the "non woke' will get over excited all over again, every time something is flagged up in the sensationalist press.

Last edited:

Again, it's not simple answer. How about this, a survey in 2017 found men (82%) and women (80%) identifying as exclusively heterosexual in the UK (Demographics of sexual orientation - Wikipedia). Something to think about.

Its good to see a thread that has gone off topic (but has made interesting reading) and remained civilised. You all deserve a pat on the back (y)

It's something the right are obsessed with and continually accuse the left of being "woke" etc and prioritising tiny minorities.
It isn't true but they will keep banging on forever!
There are changing attitudes though - easy to forget that homosexuality was illegal before 1967 but that has all changed. Change is usually little and late but conflicts/misunderstandings/mistakes are bound to crop up in the process and the "non woke' will get over excited all over again, every time something is flagged up in the sensationalist press.

But, you see, I am not obsessed with it. I am so disinterested in the lives of these people that I would be happy if they just shut up and got on with whatever they want to be - without, I hasten to add, interference or inequalities either way. But I draw the line at children of primary school age being taught such things as there being 100 genders, about homsexuality, anal sex and gender dysphoria. These are in our childrens schools now and they are there because of the lobbying from powerful groups that support such movements as the LGBTG (or whatever the acronym is there may also be a + in there somewhere). They represent a minority of the population, yet have the political push to get that rubbish onto the curriculum.

Anyhow, that is my tuppence worth and I did not enjoy giving it.

....I draw the line at children of primary school age being taught such things as there being 100 genders, about homsexuality, anal sex and gender dysphoria. ...
I would too. It's just not true though. Made up by the Sun etc.
I'm just guessing here but I wouldn't be surprised if attitudes to same sex marriage/families were talked about more freely, as it has become normalised and almost uncontroversial.

What I would suggest is illegal.

What do you reckon the solution is seeings you're a football fan ?

More policing of matches, less alcohol, education. To be honest I suspect the main cause of antisocial behaviour is alcohol, how do you stop people drinking to much when it seems to be in our culture. Just watch A&E after dark or one of those programs and you can see what alcohol does.
I'd just add I'm teetotal and have been for well over 20 years, I don't peach temperance but wish people would drink socially. I have first hand knowledge of the damage alcohol can do, for the majority it's not an issue however drinking for some is like rocket fuel.

But I draw the line at children of primary school age being taught such things as there being 100 genders, about homsexuality, anal sex and gender dysphoria.
That is a sure sign of just how messed up society has become, next they will be saying that pigs really can fly. Once the abnormal becomes widely accepted then it sets a new normal, it is a downhill road and the right solution is to provide mental health assistance to help them rather than just saying oh well if you want to be a teapot then that is fine because you are just adding fuel to the fire. Eventually you will get people who want to be a car and end up flattened because no one took them to one side and explained that you cannot be a car. Look what has happened since the closure of so many mental care hospitals where they decided that it would be better for them to mix in normal society with little support, our kids can no longer have the freedom that we once had because of the risk.

left wing, right wing stories, woke and anti woke stories, all fuelled by the media.
Most people are decent, non racist, live and let live, types of people.
Even on this forum one or two will go to amazing lenghts to change the direction and innocence of a thread, all to provoke reaction and fuel the agenda they want to promote, it's a simple tool used very effectively by political people.

I have no interest in the football myself, I think it brings out a strange partisan tribalism based on just randomly liking a team because you just decided to when you were 7 or because your grandad likes them. Or a sort of nationalism of the worst kind.
I do realise that a great percentage of the country really love it though, so let them have it on for 2 weeks.
I do like the Olympics . I realise I am the odd one out but when I watch sport I don't care who wins before the event starts, I just like to see what happens and people doing amazing things.
Ollie - I suspect you are a gentleman of the first order ie I agree with you

That is a sure sign of just how messed up society has become, next they will be saying that pigs really can fly. Once the abnormal becomes widely accepted then it sets a new normal, it is a downhill road and the right solution is to provide mental health assistance to help them rather than just saying oh well if you want to be a teapot then that is fine because you are just adding fuel to the fire. Eventually you will get people who want to be a car and end up flattened because no one took them to one side and explained that you cannot be a car. Look what has happened since the closure of so many mental care hospitals where they decided that it would be better for them to mix in normal society with little support, our kids can no longer have the freedom that we once had because of the risk.
Yes there needs to be a new normal. The 'normal' is simply what we have had drummed into us. All through millennia people have been persecuted for being outside of what cultures have established as acceptable, mostly derived from religious diktat. I grew up in the 60s/70s in a society that was explicitly racist and homophobic, where non-white people and homosexuals were mocked at best and treated as potential criminals or child molesters at worst. Over the years I've managed to re-adjust my moral compass to accept that we are all equal; that is what today's society is striving for and ever so slowly achieving. I am however increasingly frustrated with non-white comedians who work the race issue just to get a laugh as it just perpetuates racism. This week's shameful behaviour underlines how much there is left to do, but the subsequent backlash demonstrates just how far we have already come.

I would caution against the worry that primary school kids are being taught such outlandish extremes as gender dysphoria, anal sex etc. as we get that from gutter press who want to sell papers or attract online readers to their advertisers, and from other sensationalist media. The acceptance of such nonsense is borne out of the way we have been brought up, but the truth is that these differences present no real threat to others who don't share their sexuality or skin colour.

In short, people behave the way they do as a result of learning from a combination of parents, schools, the media and religious groups, hence the need to educate children that we are all different but that that is ok. Thank goodness, as Dr Bob says, most people are decent, non racist, live and let live, types of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back