What tool did you buy today?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today, I got a pruning saw & holster from Lidl, £4.99

I've had one of their folding jobbies for years and it's been superb, I have no doubt this new, longer one with a soft-grip will be better.

David and Goliath!
QS.jpg

Quangsheng No7 Took advantage of the Workshop Heaven discount at the weekend, also got the free bronze 101 (what a cute little thing). Haven't used them yet, but both seem to be of excellent quality. If they're as good as my QS No4 and block plane I'll be very happy. :D Been titivating a few old Stanleys and Records recently, so nice to have something that just needs a hone!

Simon

Attachments

• QS.jpg
    QS.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 91
I rescued a 6" Record G clamp from a junk shop, its now hanging on the rack getting to know its new associates.

Doingupthehouse":2q8zbrh8 said:
David and Goliath!

Quangsheng No7 Took advantage of the Workshop Heaven discount at the weekend, also got the free bronze 101 (what a cute little thing). Haven't used them yet, but both seem to be of excellent quality. If they're as good as my QS No4 and block plane I'll be very happy. :D Been titivating a few old Stanleys and Records recently, so nice to have something that just needs a hone!

Simon

Lovely. I've got a QS #6 and bought one of those little block planes from Ebay. Just fits in your hand nicely for light weight trimming.

Lovely. I've got a QS #6 and bought one of those little block planes from Ebay. Just fits in your hand nicely for light weight trimming.

Had a play with it, think it might just become my tool of choice for breaking edges. I must admit to being pleasantly surprised at its Usibilty.

Simon

Charity auction in next village last weeknd, very poorly attended so feel slightly guilty at having bought several domestic appliances for £1 each. But did pay £50 for a cardboard box with 5 big HSS turning gouges, half a dozen carbon steel turning tool, a copy of Rowley's book, some other gouges/chisels and a Record RP 4000 scroll chuck. Had forgotten I'd made a spare adaptor to fit the Mystro, so it ws immediately functional. Did salve conscience by giving some of the turning tools and the book to a lad who is just starting turning and an extra tenner to the organisers.

2 x 4' and 4 x 2' sash clamps. Oh the excitement! Not even posh Record ones, just the mid-range Screwfix specials.

Record #071 just arrived today. Last tool on the list before turning the drying 2x4's in my shed into a bench...

It's an old Record 311 shoulder plane. Can be converted to a bullnose with the other metal plate.

just bit the bullet on a lie nielsen 102 block plane, looking forward to testing it out on some oak endgrain after sharpening it up.

@thetyreman - you won't regret buying a LN 102. Also, they are things of real beauty. I'm a lover of all things LN - personally he takes a time honoured, tried and tested, excellent design and injects pure quality into it.

Meanwhile, I await my Scheppach Precisa 4.0 saw bench. Always wanted a half decent table saw, so I hope she's good. Like a small child at Christmas Eve I wait for the courier's call!

Jonny

Roughcut":1iwiumb8 said:
2 Winbag's and a 300mm Japanese Rule from Axminster.
Did you get the winbags at the cheap price ? I posted a link on Twitter when I saw they were 4 for £40 then a few minutes later they bumped the price back up to £50

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

chippy1970":18but8qr said:
Roughcut":18but8qr said:
2 Winbag's and a 300mm Japanese Rule from Axminster.
Did you get the winbags at the cheap price ? I posted a link on Twitter when I saw they were 4 for £40 then a few minutes later they bumped the price back up to £50

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Yes but I only bought 2 winbags, and they were £10 each.

An Axminster micro pinner and small Metabo palm sander. Also get my compressor back from the tool doctor today. New filter, new pressure gauge and general overhaul.

A Ragni small plastering trowel for £8. Hell am I paying £40+ for a Marshalltown! I've a few sockets need patching round and the large plastering trowel is a bit OTT for the job.

Back