What tool did you buy today?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Mirka Hand Sanding Block after using one at Peter Sefton's School when I was amazed to experience completely dust-free hand sanding. I'm at the finishing stage of two small side tables so got it just in time.

John

Received delivery of my Tormek T7 sharpening system with a load of sharpening jigs this afternoon... Every single chisel, plane, kife, scissor and axe in the house will be razor sharp by the end of the weekend :)
Also thought it was a nice touch that they include a little pouch of plasters with the slogan "Take care... Tormek sharp is very sharp!"

Never considered Festool until I went to a trade show in November last year came away with a T55 Plunge Saw, CTL Midi and a Rotex 150 to say I'm hook is an understatement is there any treatment for this addiction. Can't wait for the next fix an it's only a toolbox.love Ujk innovative thinking this is my first purchase as I have had two failures from trend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 261
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 261
EDR":3dyogx7j said:
Never considered Festool until I went to a trade show in November last year came away with a T55 Plunge Saw, CTL Midi and a Rotex 150 to say I'm hook is an understatement is there any treatment for this addiction. Can't wait for the next fix an it's only a toolbox.love Ujk innovative thinking this is my first purchase as I have had two failures from trend.

Out of interest, what made you buy the UJK clamp? It looks to me like a clone of, let me see, Kreg, Bessey and everyone else who makes clamps in the entire world. Was it cheaper?

just bought a Lie Nielsen Cabinet makers scraper plane! can't wait to get it, this is my first 'high end' hand tool, pretty excited about it.

EDR wrote:

Out of interest, what made you buy the UJK clamp? It looks to me like a clone of, let me see, Kreg, Bessey and everyone else who makes clamps in the entire world. Was it cheaper?

As I said In my post innovative thinking,(not this particular item but other products in there range) , Good to see someone doing rather than just thinking about it and taking on the established players, Previous Trend reliability concerns with similar item, Price similar to other brands, Free postage for both items. In need of one and thought why not give UJK a try.

Wuffles":25zuhok2 said:
EDR":25zuhok2 said:

As I said In my post innovative thinking,(not this particular item but other products in there range) , Good to see someone doing rather than just thinking about it and taking on the established players, Previous Trend reliability concerns with similar item, Price similar to other brands, Free postage for both items. In need of one and thought why not give UJK a try.

Eight cast iron 3 foot-long T-bar sash clamps off ebay for a bench build.

Do you know what I forgot when buying them?
Cast iron, and not many people forget this twice I suspect, is a little bit heavier than aluminium.

My left shoulder is now about a half-inch lower than my right after carrying them on the twenty-minute walk from the office to the train. And I got more odd looks than I care to remember.
But now I have enough clamps for the bench build so I'm happy :)

didn't buy this today, but I finally had it collected today!

a wadkin PK sliding table saw! it has all the bits apart from the adjustable mitre, but the little bits are coming back in the van with me!

as these go its in very good condition has lots of little marks all over the tables not sure why :duno: but it will clean up nicely, the plan is to tidy up bits as i go along, like replacing the locking bars on the rip fence with brass etc.

staring its long lonely trip to somerset! did have a bit of trouble getting it on the tail lift as its one heavy mother, and we where experiencing a good dose of liquid sunshine at the time!

very pleased!

Adidat

adidat":67vo1nko said:
didn't buy this today, but I finally had it collected today!

a wadkin PK sliding table saw! it has all the bits apart from the adjustable mitre, but the little bits are coming back in the van with me!

as these go its in very good condition has lots of little marks all over the tables not sure why :duno: but it will clean up nicely, the plan is to tidy up bits as i go along, like replacing the locking bars on the rip fence with brass etc.

staring its long lonely trip to somerset! did have a bit of trouble getting it on the tail lift as its one heavy mother, and we where experiencing a good dose of liquid sunshine at the time!

very pleased!

Adidat

Fab!.. and you got two bolt down met-posts as an accessory.

Jim

Congrats on the pk addidat, you will not be disapointed. Its a shame about the quadrant, there really usefull when you have both bits. Can you put a pic of the tag, i keep a little register of pks in the wild. You can date it on my site. I have taken a few of these to bits so if you need any advice give me a shout

wallace":3vne2k5j said:
Congrats on the pk addidat, you will not be disapointed. Its a shame about the quadrant, there really usefull when you have both bits. Can you put a pic of the tag, i keep a little register of pks in the wild. You can date it on my site. I have taken a few of these to bits so if you need any advice give me a shout

Wallace this is the one from seward swire, i also helped mark turner with rebuilding his one so have a good idea about it. Will photo the tag when i can.

Adidat

A Record #7 from ebay for £44 for the bench build. And my veritas-a-like bench grinder rest from taylortoolworks arrived so I've got a nice weekend restoring ebay chisels and plane blades from the cleaned-up #4, #4 1/2, and #5 1/2 ahead of me.

A shop near me is closing down and someone told me last week that the tool section had some right bargains. Got there too late and there was nowt much left. Got an 8m and 5m tape measure along with a pack of five assorted flat bits, all for £6.50, so it wasn't a totally wasted journey.

2nd hand router with a set of bits. Bargain as it want plunging properly, an hour later it's smooth as silk. Baffles me that people don't have the guts/commitment to just have a go and take something apart. Anyhow my routing journey can now begin. Every day's a school day!

biskit":1d81xdjg said:
A Makita lookalike Katsu trimmer arrived, now I'm in two minds :? do I fit it to my TS or carry on fitting the Elu. :roll:

TS meaning table saw? Surely you want the biggest most powerful router in that and the Katsu for hand held round overs / trimming?

Latest posts

Back