What tool did you buy today?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this today. A bargain at £25

Almost killed me getting it out the van. I recom it weighs nearly 300kg its 800mm square

Slowly slid it on to the base with 2 6×2

Adidat

phil.p":3ju7xiwj said:
I used a first class hoover for years that a relative threw out - I changed the fuse.

I have two dysons off skips that just need the filter cleaning out

Brand new Festool C 18 drill for those hard to get to places.

Got it Monday lunchtime :D and by Tuesday lunchtime I'd already broken it :( . Yet again dropping a tool off the top of a stud wall where I'd carelessly left it. Repeated to myself for the umpteenth time, don't leave your tools up in high places, particularly when vibrating the hell out of it with a multi-cutter :roll: .

Must admit it's a very well thought out piece of kit and generally survived the drop onto bare screed well.......apart from the bit wot broke which is easily replaced, which is a locking collar on one of the fangled chucks.

Crimping pliers so I could add a relay into my DX and connect it to a remote socket. I have historically been scared rigid of anything to do with electrics and therefore have little experience, but thanks to help from some very kind people it is all done and working.

Terry.

Just got a UJK mitre gauge. Not really had a chance to use it properly yet, but it beats the stock one that came with my table saw!

adidat":3vlpnzly said:
Got this today. A bargain at £25

Almost killed me getting it out the van. I recom it weighs nearly 300kg its 800mm square

Slowly slid it on to the base with 2 6×2

Adidat

Where'd you find that beauty?

have been talking to someone trying to clear his unit, as he decided he didn't need it any more. Should be some more stuff to come hopefully, he seemed relieved to see it go, I understood why when I tried to move it, but it will fit nicely in between my bridgeport and myford and the air compressor should fit nicely underneath it. I'm going to make a tough wooden top that hinges off so it can be used as intended for its flatness, or a very sturdy work area/dumping ground.

it must be the same fairy's that make pencils and tape measures disappear, also cover every inch of spare surface with detritus and random shi@te!!

Thinking about it though whilst its a pig to move about etc once its put in its correct place I doubt I could build such a sturdy table for £25! taking my time into the equation!

adidat

Just been shopping for several consumables. Wet and dry, spray oil, sandpaper, disposable knives, drill bits etc etc. Also bought an organiser for drill bits, some circlip pliers and a pop riveter. Oh! and a set of castors so i can move my PT about easily. New shop opened near me and i just bought a load of mostly random stuff.

Koh-I-Noor clutch pencil and some graphite leads for marking after a weekend spent cursing at a technical pencil that kept snapping while trying to mark lines on a 2x2.
And my Record 778 arrived from ebay as well today, and it looks like it's in fine condition. A bit of sharpening and it should be ready to go :)

Bit of a touch this morning. Followed up a vague Gumtree sale. Local but no pics. Ended up with 2 stanley 4 1/2s (one type 13, one 15). A stanley 191, 4 Disston saws, various gauges, and a sash cramp I cant identify. Any help ID'ing the brass gauge would be great. I recognise the brass pattern but don't know if I'm making assumptions and it was generic.
Link because it's a big picture for detail.
http://imgur.com/uVSQIHz
Won't mention the price. Walked in expecting to see a couple of rust buckets. Walked out a happy man. Let's leave it there. :-"

Bm101":1pluahmk said:
Bit of a touch this morning. Followed up a vague Gumtree sale. Local but no pics. Ended up with 2 stanley 4 1/2s (one type 13, one 15). A stanley 191, 4 Disston saws, various gauges, and a sash cramp I cant identify. Any help ID'ing the brass gauge would be great. I recognise the brass pattern but don't know if I'm making assumptions and it was generic.
Link because it's a big picture for detail.
http://imgur.com/uVSQIHz
Won't mention the price. Walked in expecting to see a couple of rust buckets. Walked out a happy man. Let's leave it there. :-"

Dang bro that is a sweet score, but come on you can't leave us hanging what did you pay, even roughly will help us all envy you more!

Being British I find it hard to talk openly about money lol.
Let's say if you had a round cake and cut it into 8 pieces you'd have the angle on it. :wink:

It was accute deal. Knocked me half square off my feet so it did. :D

Latest posts

Back