What tool did you buy today?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few weekends ago, but I picked up a Super Adept lathe. Pictured here with a 6" rule for scale (before cleaning):

4C91D08A-5472-4933-88CD-CD011DC54E96-43489-00004CE00B6B4B2E.jpg

And on top of the "real" lathe....

6A9AD1BA-82C2-4958-8CDC-1CB3559C4052-43489-00004CDFF38AAF9C.jpg

I got a compressor and makita 18 gauge nail gun. Yet to try it out in anger.

I also got a milwaukee tape measure. Really impressed with it

Off to buy a new sander - last one just packed up for no reason.

Getting some corner clamps too - experimenting with Kreg jigs and need a couple more corner clamps for the assembly

phil.p":2twjfwvl said:
:oops: :oops: :oops: A Ward 1/4" chisel.
Phil you are single-handedly making all of us feel far less guilt about our ebay purchase histories :D
I no longer feel bad about buying 150g of superglue and a Record #3 :D

I don't get it. What's embarrassing about a 1/4" Ward chisel? I have one myself and very nice it is too!

Finally ordered a new Bandsaw - Makita lbf1200f. Seems to be the best 12" for the money.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

:oops: I know I was warned against getting one :!: but today I bought a Clarke CS4-6D belt disc sander. The larger ones just seemed big for my small shop. Oh I got some extra belts and discs as well. All with my discount code 20% off. :) :)

biskit":5s402gf9 said:
:oops: I know I was warned against getting one :!: but today I bought a Clarke CS4-6D belt disc sander. The larger ones just seemed big for my small shop. Oh I got some extra belts and discs as well. All with my discount code 20% off. :) :)
I didn't want to say in that thread, but that's the one I have, and it's been ace for me. I can't seem to find an adaptor for the odd sized dust port to for my vac though...

I've got one of those. Other than being noisy it's ok. Not sure how one belt sander can be much superior to another. It could do with more power at times but it does sand pretty well. The dust collection off of the belt isn't too bad either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered a Record Power AC400 air thingy and am about to order an Axminster Powercap. Best part of 400 notes but worth it i think. Hope so anyway.

In the post today : the record #3 from a few days ago (crucible cast steel blade too), 150g of superglue for the luthiers trick, a pcb holder for the other workshop, and a pair of trousers. I don't want to think about the GCHQ lists I must be on by now...

Im going to start a new thread. 'What didn't you buy today and who do you feel like punching in the nuts if they had any'
I use the Mrs ebay account to buy tools. I've fancied one of those little ornate Preston spokeshaves for a while. I keep an eye out but I don't really need one. But I'd like one. I make no apologies. Few times I thought I was in for a sensible amount. (under £20) But there they sit going for an average of £70. Madness. But still... I keep an eye out. Just by chance I see one on yesterday. Odd time to sell I think, Monday evening. *presses Watch button.
So I set the alarm on the phone, 15 minutes before, just time to put another reasonable bid (£20) in just in case.
I'm feeding the kids, sorting them out, baths all that it's the witching hour. All of a sudden I get a little jolt. God, whats the time.
So I leave the kids in the bath to drown jump down the stairs and click on ebay and watch list. 2 minutes to go. Still time if I'm quick.
I scroll through the watch list.
WTF?!? It's gone. Frantically typing I find it. Too late by about 30 seconds.
SOLD:£16

What?
What?! What happened. I'm baffled.

I say to my Mrs. What happened. Ah she says, your phone was ringing and I didn't want to disturb you while you were putting the kids to bed so I turned it off.
Rigggght.
But why is it not in the watch list. Did you want that she says. I didn't think you'd want that so I deleted it for you.

£16. :|

Back