What did you do in your workshop today ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm oscillating between being chuffed with it one minute to looking at all the little errors I know are in it (because I was there when I made them) the next n0legs, but I guess that's normal :D

Excellent work Mark. The cot looks fantastic, you should be proud of yourself. Hopefully it's a heirloom piece.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching it's progress. Well done.

bloody hell mark, that is brilliant, I love your ambition, it's been great seeing the progress!

Cobbled together a housing for thy holiest of Huanyang inverters :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_20170228_224738.jpg
    IMG_20170228_224738.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20170228_031915.jpg
    IMG_20170228_031915.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20170227_061856.jpg
    IMG_20170227_061856.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20170227_032907.jpg
    IMG_20170227_032907.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 124
Ripping some Camphor into strips to use in a chest. The smell is amazing.

Interestingly the sapwood has worm holes in it, obviously it's only the heart wood that repels nasties.

Times are hard at chez nolegs, look out for me on Crimewatch :wink:

ForgottenWeapons.com will be after you for getting the rake of the pistol grip and the trigger guard shape ever so slightly off there n0legs, which will be a light-hearted diversion from the anti-terrorism unit taking an interest :D

MarkDennehy":20z8veu8 said:
ForgottenWeapons.com will be after you for getting the rake of the pistol grip and the trigger guard shape ever so slightly off there n0legs, which will be a light-hearted diversion from the anti-terrorism unit taking an interest :D

Ah! Mark I forgot to say it's been perfectly balanced for a person with only three fingers on the trigger hand :lol:
We'll be alright with the law, no worries there :wink:

Tidied up and put stuff away, ready for going into hospital for a new knee tomorrow. Had to avoid sharp and rotating things for a few days as I don't need an open cut. During the coming enforced ban from the workshop I will try and do the retrospective WIP of the Georgian bureau restoration that I have been working on over the last year (bar various other stays in the local NHS hotel ...).

Cheers

Keith

n0legs":34q84t3a said:

Anything more to see or say on this one n0legs, looks good and interesting.

I made a door jack, copied a design online, never made one or used one before, but works a treat.

Homemade door jack (1)-400.jpg

Homemade door jack (2)-400.jpg

Attachments

• Homemade door jack (1)-400.jpg
    Homemade door jack (1)-400.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 227
  • Homemade door jack (2)-400.jpg
    Homemade door jack (2)-400.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 227
monkeybiter":qieh0754 said:
n0legs":qieh0754 said:

Anything more to see or say on this one n0legs, looks good and interesting.

Well Daddykins (retired police officer) is going to a Gangsters and Molls themed evening along with a load of other ex- and retired police officers and he asked me for a gun to complete his costume ensemble :lol:
Well I wasn't going in the attic for the Tec 9 and Glocks, they wouldn't fit in with the period, so I made him something a little safer :lol:

Scaled up from pictures on the net and after a quick rummage through the stockpiles we ended up with it. If nothing else it is the right length.
Without the paint and varnish

It's been very very tempting to leave it on the back seat of the car whilst out and about.

I think, technically, it may now be illegal to make and carry as it's a replica in the correct colouring as opposed to the legally permitted [now] bright colours e.g. pink/green/yellow etc. . [That's because the law has decreed that if you paint a real gun a silly colour it will no longer work.] Given the occasion it could be a memorable evening :)

Nice job though!

MarkDennehy":28zns1xu said:
Probably not a great idea nolegs. I've met UK police while carrying firearms (for target shooting in competitions at bisley) and they're a little shy in the sense-of-humour department :D

That was one terrible incident, really really bad.

With regards to Mikes post.
I did consider doing the barrel in day-glo orange like the kids toys and giving the old man a roll of black tape for the evening dress up. Seriously, I can do without anymore family drama for a while.
Knowing how these things go and how some people just call in for a drink, I expect a few of the real things to be turning up :shock: :lol:

You should have seen the old man when he went all Dirty Harry back in the day :roll: Sense of humour failure to the max :lol:
But in all fairness he was never comfortable with them and is totally against them all being armed. Dad prefered his five battery Maglite and a stick of oak in his long pocket :lol:
Oh those were the days.

Walnut picture frame in glue-up. 50cm x 50cm. The veritas jig makes easy work of it.
rsz_img_4252.jpg

Attachments

• rsz_img_4252.jpg
    rsz_img_4252.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 149
Dad prefered his five battery Maglite and a stick of oak in his long pocket :lol:
Oh those were the days.

I keep a 4 cell maglite by my bed. It's good to have a "torch" to hand if you need it in the night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MusicMan":17ig75h0 said:
Tidied up and put stuff away, ready for going into hospital for a new knee tomorrow. Had to avoid sharp and rotating things for a few days as I don't need an open cut. During the coming enforced ban from the workshop I will try and do the retrospective WIP of the Georgian bureau restoration that I have been working on over the last year (bar various other stays in the local NHS hotel ...).

Cheers

Keith
Good luck with that Keith
I don't think it will be too long before I'm going down the same route.
Bob

0d3a754168fbed42a23801ebec31e211.jpg

Almost finished my new bench, with a lot of help from my dad. Frame is pine and the top and apron are mahogany.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back