Screwfix vouchers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essex Barn Workshop

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
So I recently opened a trade account at screwfix, and was hoping that, like Wickes, it'd be a straight and simple 10% off everything but no.
What they have sent me is 4 £10 and 1 £20 voucher, with NO MINIMUM SPEND!
They are dated, so one a week for 5 weeks (first four are the £10 ones) and I have used one yesterday, and it does exactly what it says ( i was expecting some unseen condition or term to disqualify it). I only spent £19.98 and it reduced to £9.98
So a two part thread, if you don't have such an account you might get £60 free money, but also as these are little gifts, what items for around £10 or in the last week £20 would you buy yourself as a little gift? To be honest, I might well just stock up on Blum hinges!

So I recently opened a trade account at screwfix, and was hoping that, like Wickes, it'd be a straight and simple 10% off everything but no.
What they have sent me is 4 £10 and 1 £20 voucher, with NO MINIMUM SPEND!
They are dated, so one a week for 5 weeks (first four are the £10 ones) and I have used one yesterday, and it does exactly what it says ( i was expecting some unseen condition or term to disqualify it). I only spent £19.98 and it reduced to £9.98
So a two part thread, if you don't have such an account you might get £60 free money, but also as these are little gifts, what items for around £10 or in the last week £20 would you buy yourself as a little gift? To be honest, I might well just stock up on Blum hinges!
You could always get new clamps or screws or bolts, or other consumables like wet and dry papers, PPE, or DIY supplies like paint or painting accessories.

Other things like drill bits, electrical items, led bulbs, pliers etc.

Lots of little items you can buy and store.

You could always get new clamps or screws or bolts, or other consumables like wet and dry papers, PPE, or DIY supplies like paint or painting accessories.

Other things like drill bits, electrical items, led bulbs, pliers etc.

Lots of little items you can buy and store.

This, but maybe use them to buy something that you currently scrimp on. Do you use sandpaper until it's more paper than sand? Drill bits always too blunt? Never got a clean brush? Stuff you wouldn't normally justify spending on, but that you know you should.

so, after you've got your vouchers (better than a kick in the teeth but not nessacerily all that useful as you have spend them £10 a time), what is the benefit of the trade account then? Or is it purely in practical terms of not having to pay for things in dribs and drabs?

As for what to spend the vouchers on, they've got an offer on stanley organisers for 9.99 at the moment, good time to get all your loose bits sorted out? Other than that, if it was a case of use it or loose it, I'd just be stocking up on gloves, goggles, electrical tape.

so, after you've got your vouchers (better than a kick in the teeth but not nessacerily all that useful as you have spend them £10 a time), what is the benefit of the trade account then? Or is it purely in practical terms of not having to pay for things in dribs and drabs?

The benefit for me, and the only reason I went to open one, is for the discount that a trade account often brings with it.
As I said, Wickes was an easy online form and now I get 10% off there.

I have had a Plumbfix account at Screwfix for a few years even though I'm a joiner 🤔

One day a lad behind the counter just said "You come in a fair bit, do you want a Trade account?" and signed me up. I remember getting some vouchers when the account was first opened, also used to get vouchers sent through the post on a regular basis but this seems to have stopped. Think there is discount on some things and the odd trade offer but never really noticed it. Also think the card works at B&Q but might have imagined that.

About the only advantage I find is queue jumping and access to free coffee.

Back