Richard T

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting Douglas.

I had a very similar thought whilst walking round Oldham town centre the other day. Looking at all the scrouts who will never achieve anything in life except increase the world population. Then it struck me that if there is indeed a God maybe he was lobbied by Gabriel (the planemaker not the archangel) for some intelligent company.

Once again Emma my sincerest condolences.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Richard but I am a proud owner of two of his holdfasts and followed his plane making exploits from afar.

The internet often gets a bad name in the press. People like Richard and many like him who frequent this and many other forums are the unheralded heros of the www.

My deepest sympathies to the family.

cheers

Andy

condeesteso":1jodz5fb said:
I posted this about 2 years ago in a Mac thread (Mac timbers, not Richard's ~) It's The Gang of Four:

[l/r is Jim, MrT, Emma, Andy the proff]

It's an odd World that hangs on to Robert Mugabe far too long but lets go of Richard far too soon.

Oh dear me...that brings back cherished memories and seems like only yesterday!

I remember too that someone doctored that picture ala Reservoir Dogs....does anyone still have that picture?

Thanks for posting that picture Douglas...it gave me such a warm feeling! What a day that was.

Cheers

Jimi

Been off on holiday for the past week, so a little shocked to come back to this sad news. My sincere condolences to you Emma. I have a pair of Richard's holdfasts on my bench and they're in use everytime I use the bench. You can take some small solace that there's a bit of Richard everywhere that there's one of his excellent holdfasts in use.

Only just picked up on this. So sorry for the loss of Richard. I've only saw a small portion of his work but it was of the highest order.

MrsT, you have my deepest sympathies. I never met Richard, but I always enjoyed his posts and found his knowledge and attitude towards things very helpful and amusing. I am also fortunate to own two of his excellent holdfasts which I use on a daily basis. I wish you strength at this terrible time.

I don't know how I missed this.

I'm very sad to hear of the passing of Richard. I enjoyed his posts - usually informative; interesting, or just humorous. He'll be missed.

Emma, condolences.

Regards, John (alias "Vann") in New Zealand.

Cheers, Richard. I owe you =D>

smile.jpg

nifty with a pencil too

rt7.jpg

Attachments

• smile.jpg
    smile.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,007
  • rt7.jpg
    rt7.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,007
Is it really a year ago. I have two of Richard's holdfasts that I use frequently.

Makes me think of him every time even though I didn't know him except online here.

Thinking of him today.

Mick

Mrs T,

I am so sorry to learn of Richard's passing...& shocked.. & saddened. I have not been on here for a while (a year or more it turns out) & have just this minute found out.

I popped round once to buy some holdfasts (& possibly got some wood cut down on another occasion) & went home & told my partner all about the wonderful time I had round yours talking about cider making, apple trees, forges, planes, wood & tools. That infeed track on the bandsaw was/is something else !

Please accept my belated condolences.

All the best
Togs

I doubt that Mrs T still frequents the forum , but if she does it must be a reassurance of the high regard Richard was held in that he's still being discussed here .

I am sorry to hear of your loss Emma thank you for letting us all know. Richard will be missed, that's for sure. I know it is early days yet but if you need any help please do give use a shout.

Max Power":1kvlz312 said:
I doubt that Mrs T still frequents the forum , but if she does it must be a reassurance of the high regard Richard was held in that he's still being discussed here .

Yes, I thought it doubtful too but felt I had to say something- just in case.

Back