Richard Arnolds charity auction fundraiser and workshop open day. 2021

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolsntat

Yep, I collect tools and tat
Reaction score
In other years this would be just around the corner now but as was the case last year the actual get together and massive auction of generously donated items has been postponed till (all being well) next year.

The good news is that once again this year there's a draw taking place to offer anyone who donates a chance of winning one of 3 items.

There may be a fair few of you who do not have a clue as to what I'm on about....
To make things easy for me I'll cut and paste this to give you some info

RICHARD ARNOLD CHARITY PRIZE DRAW 2021
In Aid of Macmillan Cancer Nurses
FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT
Yes folks it's that time of the year again where thoughts turn to the true heros in the world, THE NURSES.
Across the globe, this fine group of people work tirelessly and selflessly to help us all in our hour of need...many sadly paying with their lives or risking the lives of their loved ones.
Each year, Richard Arnold of this fair parish hosts a woodie event in his workshop in Market Harborough and this is the 7th annual event.
Sadly, because of the coronavirus, we were not able to meet in person and have an auction, so the charity prize draw was born!
At the height of the pandemic...we all...that's you folk, raised nearly £6,000 against all odds and with only three prizes....a remarkable feat!
💖

Richard and I agonized for many calls to each other over whether we would be able to restart the auctions this year and I'm sorry to report that although the future looks better, we simply cannot run the risk.
So...another prize draw it is!!!
Here's the deal in full if you are new to all this...
Three prizes are being donated this year from me, Bill Carter and Richard himself.
My donation is a pair of GOLDEN RATIO DIVIDERS and many of you would have seen the initial prototype and testing. There will be many more posts over coming months for you to see.
Bill has kindly donated a unique saw. It's a SKELTON SAWS "SWIFT" dovetail saw but not just any one. It's the first ever! It's marked "Carter" and cuts beautifully, as demonstrated by Bill and Sarah in the video in the comments.
Last and by no means least...Richard is cooking up a good'un and it's so secret he won't even let me see!
😂
If past donations are anything to go by though...it'll be a beauty!
So...how do I get a chance to win you may ask!?
It's simple...you click the link below, donate to the nurses and you're in for an equal chance.
You can donate a small amount or more and every donation counts.
You can donate multiple times but in the spirit of fairness, your name is only added once.
You can enter from ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, as we cover the shipping so every entry is worry free.
The draw will be doubly secure, an unbiased person will pick numbers from a hat...each name anonymous and unknown to the drawer. We will then notify the winners immediately afterwards.
IMPORTANT! You may make a donation anonymously to the Just Giving page but you MUST then let me or Richard know you have and send copy of your receipt. We have no way of finding the names of anonymous donors otherwise!
There will be many more announcements in the coming months with dates etc. but donations can be made from today by simply clicking the link below.
On behalf of the event team we wish to thank you.
Jim, Bill and Richard
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/richard-arnold13

wb6BlDD.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/UnpluggedWoodworkers/permalink/1946234805533703/
Richard is currently making his prize and it is a cracking Walnut Coach Builders Plough plane.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/213418935481974/user/100005399231631

=AZXJI-gqcv0tN-yd8t1qU8CpyHmEOvt8aj37uObdIyR1kQbzMdXcPq62_edK-cSr1Y7zRfOPkiB2qre-LmTfHf5Vjsbvc_Qjfi2w4f0WBcq1dxgYppWMMLqFru91bCRuMBvLaNXw3yAxBWVS514JnvOujC8zhQoIBnwqEXH0k_BZQA&__tn__=*bH-y-R']=AZXJI-gqcv0tN-yd8t1qU8CpyHmEOvt8aj37uObdIyR1kQbzMdXcPq62_edK-cSr1Y7zRfOPkiB2qre-LmTfHf5Vjsbvc_Qjfi2w4f0WBcq1dxgYppWMMLqFru91bCRuMBvLaNXw3yAxBWVS514JnvOujC8zhQoIBnwqEXH0k_BZQA&__tn__=*bH-y-R']=AZXJI-gqcv0tN-yd8t1qU8CpyHmEOvt8aj37uObdIyR1kQbzMdXcPq62_edK-cSr1Y7zRfOPkiB2qre-LmTfHf5Vjsbvc_Qjfi2w4f0WBcq1dxgYppWMMLqFru91bCRuMBvLaNXw3yAxBWVS514JnvOujC8zhQoIBnwqEXH0k_BZQA&__tn__=*bH-y-R']=AZXJI-gqcv0tN-yd8t1qU8CpyHmEOvt8aj37uObdIyR1kQbzMdXcPq62_edK-cSr1Y7zRfOPkiB2qre-LmTfHf5Vjsbvc_Qjfi2w4f0WBcq1dxgYppWMMLqFru91bCRuMBvLaNXw3yAxBWVS514JnvOujC8zhQoIBnwqEXH0k_BZQA&__tn__=*bH-y-R']=AZXJI-gqcv0tN-yd8t1qU8CpyHmEOvt8aj37uObdIyR1kQbzMdXcPq62_edK-cSr1Y7zRfOPkiB2qre-LmTfHf5Vjsbvc_Qjfi2w4f0WBcq1dxgYppWMMLqFru91bCRuMBvLaNXw3yAxBWVS514JnvOujC8zhQoIBnwqEXH0k_BZQA&__tn__=*bH-y-R']=AZXJI-gqcv0tN-yd8t1qU8CpyHmEOvt8aj37uObdIyR1kQbzMdXcPq62_edK-cSr1Y7zRfOPkiB2qre-LmTfHf5Vjsbvc_Qjfi2w4f0WBcq1dxgYppWMMLqFru91bCRuMBvLaNXw3yAxBWVS514JnvOujC8zhQoIBnwqEXH0k_BZQA&__tn__=*bH-y-R']=AZXJI-gqcv0tN-yd8t1qU8CpyHmEOvt8aj37uObdIyR1kQbzMdXcPq62_edK-cSr1Y7zRfOPkiB2qre-LmTfHf5Vjsbvc_Qjfi2w4f0WBcq1dxgYppWMMLqFru91bCRuMBvLaNXw3yAxBWVS514JnvOujC8zhQoIBnwqEXH0k_BZQA&__tn__=*bH-y-R']

If you need any other info please ask.

PLEASE NOTE if you want to make a donation and also be in the draw, please send Richard Arnold your details to
[email protected]

Cheers Andy

Last edited:
so just to clarify if I put my name in the description when I donate, do I still have to contact you or richard? I'm not on facebook, what's the best way to contact one of you? cheers, Ben.

so just to clarify if I put my name in the description when I donate, do I still have to contact you or richard? I'm not on facebook, what's the best way to contact one of you? cheers, Ben.
Cheers Ben, I've asked for details for you and others. I think you will have to send @richarnold an email message and I'll confirm this forthwith.
Cheers Andy

Last edited:
Here's the e-mail address to forward your contact details to....
[email protected]
Cheers Andy

I had an inkling you might :cool:
Cheers Andy
Funny enough, you're right.

But I like it not only because it is a piece of fine workmanship, but I also have an MA research project coming up on 18th. century segmented pediments and I'm wondering if a plane like that is the answer to a question that I have.

Just a reminder about this and to say the draw to find the lucky winners will be on July 10th 2021.
It may be such that the draw takes place on a live Zoom chat or something similar if you want to join in?
Cheers Andy
Cannot find a picture of the Skelton saw just now, so.....
https://www.skeltonsaws.co.uk/choosing-wood
IMG_20210629_220037.png

Attachments

• IMG_20210525_184715_359.jpg
    IMG_20210525_184715_359.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back