Richard T

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i can't believe it, i met Richard in January at the auctions and used to email him frequently for advice and chit chat about tools. im so sorry emma, he was a very special man and liked by all. im lost for words sorry.
sending you my best
toby and freya

Emma, my condolences to you and your family. Just like many another here I never met Richard, but always delighted in reading of his plane making. I am sure he will be remembered for a long time.
geoff, a.k.a xy mosian.

So sad to hear about Richard, he was a lovely guy Emma and always seemed full of enthusiasm and new ideas. We'll miss him.

Best wishes, Paul

Dear all,

Thank you all so much for your kind messages. It really means a lot to me to know he had such a nice group of people like you who enjoyed his posts, etc.

Best wishes,
Emma

Oh Lor - that's dreadful news. My condolences, of course.

I enjoyed Richard's posts. He was clearly a very talented craftsman, but he came across as a thoroughly decent bloke, too.

Emma, I can truly say I have never been so shocked to hear of someones passing as this news has left me.

Heartfelt condolences to you.

Andy

A nice picture of him, talking to me, fully engrossed in dovetailed infill planes!

a really nice guy and fountain of knowledge!

he shall be missed!

Adidat

At the sharpening event last year arranged by dodge, it was a pleasure to see richards planes all made by hand. He was so enthusiastic in talking about them! A toolie moment to cherish!

adidat

I am truly saddened to hear this. I always enjoyed Richard's posts and I followed his infill threads with fascination. My thoughts go out to you Emma and your family.

I have been away so have just picked this up.

This is shocking news. I have thoroughly enjoyed Richards plane making contributions and whilst I would not even attempt one he made it easy for me to dream.

I don't know what to say.

My condolences.

Mick

Dearest Emma, family and friends,

Heaven or next life, is full of many great people, makers and designers alike.
I'm sure Richard will be deep in discussion and having a great time with all the big names we so casually use daily in "Hand tools" forum.
I imagine some of them will be impressed to meet him too, what a great personality!

I can talk to my late parents any time, as they are still alive in me.

My deepest condolences at this difficult time and all my best wishes Emma.
Dave

Hi all,

Just to let you know Richard's funeral will be on Tuesday 10 June at 11:00am at Robin Hood Cemetery and Crematorium, Streetsbrook Road, Solihull. I'm aware you're spread far and wide, and that it's a work day... that much said, if you wish to attend, you would be very welcome.

Emma x

Not on here much these days but very sad to read this. Richard was one of those that kept me returning to UKW to keep up to date and read quality posts. My sincere condolences to you and your family Emma.

My deepest and sincere condolences to you. Only met Richard once, but that has a resounding effect. A true gentleman and time for all. Will be missed by all that knew him.

I posted this about 2 years ago in a Mac thread (Mac timbers, not Richard's ~) It's The Gang of Four:

Gang-of-four.jpg

[l/r is Jim, MrT, Emma, Andy the proff]

It's an odd World that hangs on to Robert Mugabe far too long but lets go of Richard far too soon.

Attachments

• Gang-of-four.jpg
    Gang-of-four.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 704
Back