Richard T

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such sad news, I am sorry for you.

He will be missed.

Pete

So sorry to hear of your loss. Richard was such a helpful, and profoundly likeable contributor to the forum, he will be greatly missed. It is no surprise that someone who gave so freely of his time and considerable knowledge in life would have taken steps to do the same at the end of his life, and I'm sure the knowledge he has helped others would have done a little to temper his sadness at leaving his friends and family so abruptly .

Thank you so much for thinking of us at such a difficult time, I'm sure everyone on the forum sends you their love and best wishes.

Emma
You must be heart-broken. When it is sudden it is worse for the family than for the individual, I think. I certainly hope that I go as quickly.
But I'm posting mainly to say Thank You for recycling. I'm a recipient of two corneas, 9 years apart and I am eternally grateful to my two donors. I don't know who they were and their families don't know me (as far as I am aware), but the generosity of those gifts has transformed my life. I'd be blind by now, otherwise. I have no doubt that yours and Richard's generosity will be just as much appreciated.
Steve

I can only echo all that has been said above. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Roy

I am so sorry to hear this news. Please accept my sincere condolences. Blessed be, to you and all your family at this sad time. Richard was always eager to help anyone, and it is fitting he could still help others, by his untimely passing.
RIP Richard.

I was very shocked and saddened at this news. I never met Richard - I only knew him from his interesting, enthusiastic and knowledgeable contributions to this forum. He gave me much useful advice and encouragement in my plane making efforts. I am very sorry for your loss.
Richard Hughes

So sorry for your loss . I have read Richards posts with great interest since joining the forum and will wager that many of them are being re-read by many a forum member tonight with melancholy and wistful nostalgia. On a side note , Richard once counseled me on TV of all things... noted my signature lamented waiting for some new British content and recommended something to get me by. He shall be missed.

I too met Richard just once and benefitted from his kind generosity in showing his skills and SOME of his many tools!

My thoughts are with you and having lost my Mum in October, know how just some small comfort can come from knowing our loved ones were able to donate organs to other needy people.

Please take care of yourself.

Best wishes,

Greg

Emma
So sorry to hear about Richard and please accept my condolences. I will remember Richard whenever I use the holdfasts he made for me. I was one of the members who benefitted when he made a batch of them for the forum members a couple of years ago.
Andy

Emma

So sorry to read your sad news. My condolences to you and your family.

Over several years I have enjoyed Richards' posts, marvelled at his skill and ingenuity. A true gentleman who shared his knowledge selflessly. He will be missed from this forum.

Robin

Very rarely do you meet a true master craftsman and Richard was one such rarity!

Emma...I don't know what to say I am truly saddened by Richard's passing.

Jimi

Emma

Such sad news and I admire your courage in posting at this difficult time. Richard will be sorely missed by us all.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Roger

Very saddened indeed to hear this news Emma. Came as an absolute shock of course, and I offer my deepest sympathies.

I'm in no doubt that more will be said of Richard's work over the coming months and years, but he was the consumate craftsman. I have been a very vocal fan of his holdfasts, and was delighted to have Richard make me various other items. But all who knew him are clear that his future lay in plane-making and he was destined to become one of the big names, without any doubt at all.
Richard's loss leaves a big empty space - here on the forum but in the World at large. Very sorry indeed. He was one of my favourite chums.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
Bloody sad news and sorry to hear it.

Allan

Emma, I am so sorry for your loss. I only met Richard the one time but I've read his posts on the forum and his blog, and he was a true gent. Always willing to help others by sharing his experience.
I just don't know what to say, other than he will be missed by more people than those that ever met him.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Adam.

My condolences on your loss Emma. I never met Richard, but have some of his marvellous work, some holdfasts he made and followed his plane making efforts with interest. Be sure his work and memory will live on here, as well with you and the family.

Back