Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WoodMangler":2o21gybs said:
This is a tractor and trailer for my 4 year old grand-daughter, finished just in time for Xmas :ho2 . It's about 13" long overall, made of sycamore. There are no fasteners of any kind, it's just wood, glue and paint - and yes, the wheels do go round :) .

Just seen this cracking Tractor and trailer, for a very lucky young lady indeedy.
This would make an excellent WIP, and the "paint job"is literally brilliant
Thanks for sharing
Rodders

Here is the last thing I made.
largish minecraft crafting tables ( boxes).
one raj for my boys and one for their friend.
Ideal for putting their minecraft items in.
used veneer for all the outsides and top.
lined inside at the bottom and the outside bottomc with felt, so it does not make any noise when using it, save me having to veneer the bottom as well.
the size outside was 20mm x 20mm so a good size to put things in.
they took ages as I was making them at the local mens shed at first which was only one day a wheel.
the last couple of weeks I took home as it would not have been finished on time.
I tried various methods of making them which also slowed things down a bit.
worth the time spent on making them and experimenting as it gave me ideas on how long it takes, ways of making them, how to finish them and what finish to use. Hope you like.

Thanks Tim

Attachments

• 1450372340781.jpg
    1450372340781.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 1450954180308.jpg
    1450954180308.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 158
tinytim1458":23ne8uav said:
Here is the last thing I made.
largish minecraft crafting tables ( boxes).
one raj for my boys and one for their friend.
Ideal for putting their minecraft items in.
used veneer for all the outsides and top.
lined inside at the bottom and the outside bottomc with felt, so it does not make any noise when using it, save me having to veneer the bottom as well.
the size outside was 20mm x 20mm so a good size to put things in.
they took ages as I was making them at the local mens shed at first which was only one day a wheel.
the last couple of weeks I took home as it would not have been finished on time.
I tried various methods of making them which also slowed things down a bit.
worth the time spent on making them and experimenting as it gave me ideas on how long it takes, ways of making them, how to finish them and what finish to use. Hope you like.

Thanks Tim

I have no idea about Minecraft but I do like those =D>

Made a disk sander attachment for the lathe today, with that I tried shaping some wood and I ended up with a tape roll holder. I think it's cute, much nicer than those plasticky crappy things you get in stores:
23362328243_22d34b83f7_c.jpg

23963055036_1641d4b4cb_c.jpg

Been a very long time since I posted something I have made, that's because I haven't had much time lately and it's been too cold outside. I finally got round to finishing this cat. I used a scrollsaw pattern that PeteG directed me to but used my bandsaw and hand coping saw to cut it.
Band saw cat by MSeries, on Flickr

Then spent a long time fettling a No 4 and just planing for the hell of it.

An old headboard from the tip is now a new pedalboard.

Attachments

• pb.jpg
    pb.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 435
Given my sarcasm in a recent post, I invite everyone to please rip my latest creation to shreds.

Ok, I lack the confidence to try and sell it for a small fortune, but I suppose I should try?

If you don't ask, you don't get, am I right?

Attachments

• Matchbox Guitar.jpg
    Matchbox Guitar.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 413
Just made this egg-timer in spalted beech, about 6" tall, finished with microcrystalline wax.

(it's sitting on an upturned wine-glass btw)

Attachments

• egg_timer.jpg
    egg_timer.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 369
Not so much made as making. Sloooowly. After I messed cutting the end of my bench up by relying on the circular saw to give an accurate 0" cut, I did it again. And Again. Bench is now 2" shorter but with square ends. Lesson learned. Finished with my new Japanese saw. Some adjustments, get rid of the fore finger point and tuck the handle into the elbow. Adjust the feet. Thanks for the Christmas press Mum! So I cut the new reveal for the record and it holds the vice with no fixings. There's tight and there's bridesmaids dress tight!
It's in b/w cos I'm so posh and by that point i was on the cider. One dayI'll actually get time to finish this but it was A Good Day. Lots learned. :D
lYNlmvI.jpg

Turned this bowl, had a couple of coats of danish oil so the finish will improve over the next couple of weeks with further applications.

Bob

Attachments

• bowl 1.jpg
    bowl 1.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 301
  • bowl 2.jpg
    bowl 2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 301
  • bowl 3.jpg
    bowl 3.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 301
  • bowl 4.jpg
    bowl 4.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 301
Been quite an unproductive week off work, despite the great temperatures, just can't stay asleep long enough and always exhausted.
So, as I'm back at work tomorrow I thought I'd better achieve something no matter how trivial.
Finally got around to making a couple of long wanted jigs for the table saw:-
DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

They're not pretty, because they're not supposed to be, but the dimensions [including angles] are bang on and they'll save a lot of setting-up time in the future [when I'm awake enough to make something :roll: ]

Attachments

• DSC_0128.jpg
    DSC_0128.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 283
  • DSC_0126.jpg
    DSC_0126.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 283
Thanks woodfarmer

My wife says it's the nicest thing I've ever made for her. I'm not sure I ever said "this is for you darling" but I'm too much of a coward to argue. :lol:

Lons":nchfxfwl said:
Thanks woodfarmer

My wife says it's the nicest thing I've ever made for her. I'm not sure I ever said "this is for you darling" but I'm too much of a coward to argue. :lol:

I understand. my wife tends to take possession of most of the bowls I make. Having enough spare to give to friends is not easy:) the best way seems to be to tell her the bowl is for xxxx before I start. Often though I just follow the wood so end up with something unexpected and still have to get past the wife:)

Back