March 2012 Challenge disscusion thread ( A Tazza )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
boysie39":wg07flgx said:
gerrybhoy70":wg07flgx said:
Bad news for me - need to withdraw completely from the 2012 challenge.
The wrist has gone again, and it'll be a while before I'm turning properly again. :-(
All because the chisel caught a bleeding knot in the wood. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Good luck to everyone for the rest of the challenges.
Bit of a Bummer that Gerry , Nev will probley put up a thread for the turner who turns with his feet . :lol:
I hope it may not be as bad as the first one , Best of luck .

As if I would! Anyway that'd be no good for Gerry, you cant take your socks off in Scotland until the second week of August, and it'd be to late then! :D
Hope you get fixed soon Gerry.

nev":jw8cewha said:
boysie39":jw8cewha said:
gerrybhoy70":jw8cewha said:
Bad news for me - need to withdraw completely from the 2012 challenge.
The wrist has gone again, and it'll be a while before I'm turning properly again. :-(
All because the chisel caught a bleeding knot in the wood. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Good luck to everyone for the rest of the challenges.
Bit of a Bummer that Gerry , Nev will probley put up a thread for the turner who turns with his feet . :lol:
I hope it may not be as bad as the first one , Best of luck .

As if I would! Anyway that'd be no good for Gerry, you cant take your socks off in Scotland until the second week of August, and it'd be to late then! :D
Hope you get fixed soon Gerry.

Cheers guys. Looks like a long haul again, but I'll be back at it again at some point - maybe just in time for the 2013 challenge. lol

With the looks of things, I might get the socks off this weekend. :mrgreen:

Sorry Mr. B. #-o

But I am yet again having to pull out of the challenges. I have to do this due to ill health in the family and the extra time that this takes up. :(

Good luck to all and enjoy the challenges and practice, practice, practice. (hammer)

Leo :-({|=

Leo , sorry to hear of somebody being sick in your home. Hope everything works out well for you and the person who is Ill .
Best of luck and I hope you are back turning very soon God Bless

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I am struggling to get my entry done for this month and not made a cake yet

After my workshop was pulled apart for the big re wire everything is upside down :?

And I was asked to work a extra shift this week , that did not help with my spare time

Still I may be able to do something yet :?:

Time will tell

Blister":7lxdo640 said:
................... and not made a cake yet

Well, I made a cake and within a very short time it had been eaten. Fortunately I managed to get it onto my new Tazza and a quick photo before the vultures descended!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mike

Blister":1mk1zgky said:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I am struggling to get my entry done for this month and not made a cake yet

After my workshop was pulled apart for the big re wire everything is upside down :?

And I was asked to work a extra shift this week , that did not help with my spare time

Still I may be able to do something yet :?:

Time will tell

There is nothing to say you can't get mr Kipling to make your cake!

Jonzjob":39fic888 said:
I won't be entering this month, but I actually thought it was a turning exercise?

John it is it is . And in the true tradition of the turning fraternity I have made a cake that will turn everybodys tummy :evil:

Jonzjob":97mffanr said:
I won't be entering this month, but I actually thought it was a turning exercise?

It Is!
I turned the following ingredients into a cake :mrgreen:

My first WIP.
for the march challenge - a cake :)

175g of marge
175g of flour
175g of icing sugar
3 eggs
tsp baking powder
betty crocker frosting
white, red and blue icing

mix together, pour into two tins, cook for 30 mins, remove from oven, allow to cool.

once cool apply copious amounts of betty crocker frosting between the two layers and then all over.

dsc06655.jpg

dsc06656.jpg

roll out shop bought icing to about 3mm....lift with rolling pin an place over cake.....

dsc06657.jpg

smooth from centre out and trim....

dsc06658.jpg

roll out the coloured icing, cut to shape and stick onto white icing with a dab of water...

dsc06659.jpg

dsc06661.jpg

apply text...

dsc06663.jpg

deploy hazmat team to clean kitchen

apply cake to tazza, photograph, remove from tazza, EAT!
Clean teeth immediately as amount of sugar in icing is enough to dissolve enamel in milliseconds!

I would have sent you all a slice but it was too nice :mrgreen:

Attachments

• dsc06655.jpg
    dsc06655.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 636
  • dsc06656.jpg
    dsc06656.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 636
  • dsc06657.jpg
    dsc06657.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 636
  • dsc06658.jpg
    dsc06658.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 636
  • dsc06659.jpg
    dsc06659.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 636
  • dsc06661.jpg
    dsc06661.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 636
  • dsc06663.jpg
    dsc06663.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 636
Nev, now thats just showing off...................mine was far easier and achieved in two stages.

1) Buy cake No1 which is then deemed unsuitable by friends for Tazza so take to work and eat.
2) Tell said friend to buy an 'appropriate and suitable' cake themselves so I could take the photo's in time. (which they do!!)

These challenges are becoming a bit of a standing joke at home and work with everyone wanting to critique every stage of design and construction before entry..............which is making it even more enjoyable :D :D

Good luck everyone.

Steve

Nev ,Nev ,Nev ,surley after all that preperation you could have put the DRAGON on the bloody thing ,. :twisted: :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back