Joke Thread III

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@bushwhaker
Sometimes what you post in english is difficult to understand, can I suggest that you go here deepl.com and use it to translate from Bulgarian * to English, it may help both you and the rest of us.

*if bulgarian is your first language

I hope this suggestion does not offend you in any way

Cheers Mike :)
Понякога това, което пишете на английски, е трудно да се разбере, мога да ви предложа да отидете тук deepl.com и да го използвате, за да превеждате от български * на английски, това може да помогне както на вас, така и на всички нас.

*ако българският е първият ви език

Надявам се, че това предложение няма да ви обиди по никакъв начин

Наздраве Майк :)

Last edited:
Понякога това, което пишете на английски, е трудно да се разбере, мога да ви предложа да отидете тук deepl.com и да го използвате, за да превеждате от български * на английски, това може да помогне както на вас, така и на всички нас.

He he, I understood ~90% of this.

My piles have been giving me gyp recently and the ointments my doctor has been prescribing don't seem to have much effect so I decided to try one of those 'alternative' practitioners. She advised me to use cold teabags as a compress as these would help reduce the swelling and ease the pain.
I don't use teabags, only loose tea so I wadded them up in kitchen roll and applied that. After a week, there was no improvement so I went back to my regular doctor and told him what I'd been advised to do.
He told me to drop 'em and bend over then used a torch to examine the offending area.

'Well, it hasn't done anything for your piles. However, I can tell you that you are going on a long journey and will meet a tall, dark stranger...

My piles have been giving me gyp recently and the ointments my doctor has been prescribing don't seem to have much effect so I decided to try one of those 'alternative' practitioners. She advised me to use cold teabags as a compress as these would help reduce the swelling and ease the pain.
I don't use teabags, only loose tea so I wadded them up in kitchen roll and applied that. After a week, there was no improvement so I went back to my regular doctor and told him what I'd been advised to do.
He told me to drop 'em and bend over then used a torch to examine the offending area.

'Well, it hasn't done anything for your piles. However, I can tell you that you are going on a long journey and will meet a tall, dark stranger...
Deja lu..woodhut post #1.140 Couple o' pages back.

One could ask ones secretary to do this as they are trained in such things?
[Jim Hacker is being introduced to his new position as Minister]

James Hacker : Who else is in this department?

Sir Humphrey Appleby : Well briefly, sir, I am the Permanent Under Secretary of State, known as the Permanent Secretary. Woolley here is your Principal Private Secretary, I too have a Principal Private Secretary and he is the Principal Private Secretary to the Permanent Secretary. Directly responsible to me are ten Deputy Secretaries, eighty-seven Under Secretaries and two hundred and nineteen Assistant Secretaries. Directly responsible to the Principal Private Secretaries are plain Private Secretaries, and the Prime Minister will be appointing two Parliamentary Under-Secretaries and you will be appointing your own Parliamentary Private Secretary.

James Hacker : Do they all type?

Sir Humphrey Appleby : None of us can type, Minister. Mrs. McKay types. She's the secretary.

@bushwhaker
Sometimes what you post in english is difficult to understand, can I suggest that you go here deepl.com and use it to translate from Bulgarian * to English, it may help both you and the rest of us.

*if bulgarian is your first language

I hope this suggestion does not offend you in any way

Cheers Mike :)

The perception amongst us Snooty Toffs in Sofia is that Yambol has more Brits than Bulgarians living in and around it, so you're probably barking up the wrong tree.

You've also confused poor Mr Chat by using "Cheers" as he's taken you rather literally and translated it as the "drinking salutation" rather than "Regards" in electronic communication, which is "Поздрави" :cool:

The Pedants live among us!

D6A15447-7251-4EF3-AF5E-9143CA3AEB78.jpeg

The perception amongst us Snooty Toffs in Sofia is that Yambol has more Brits than Bulgarians living in and around it, so you're probably barking up the wrong tree.

You've also confused poor Mr Chat by using "Cheers" as he's taken you rather literally and translated it as the "drinking salutation" rather than "Regards" in electronic communication, which is "Поздрави" :cool:

The Pedants live among us!
As an Irishman , with a glass of rather fine red in front of me at the time of typing, my use of "cheers" was intentional.
I could have used .. Sláinte ;)
( Other countrymen of mine here do., even in their "sigs" )
Which can be used with, or without a drink in one's hand, as "good health" , or "good health to you", is also used as "wishing the person well", at the moment ( having my breakfast here ) the drink is :coffee:

I met my wife at one of those speed-dating events.
It was a big surprise to me.

I thought she was at home watching TV.
Remember guys switch off the girlfreind mobile this Sunday with the emergency alerts being sounded!
Don't want to be caught do we!🤣🤣🤣

As an Irishman , with a glass of rather fine red in front of me at the time of typing, my use of "cheers" was intentional.
I could have used .. Sláinte ;)
( Other countrymen of mine here do., even in their "sigs" )
Which can be used with, or without a drink in one's hand, as "good health" , or "good health to you", is also used as "wishing the person well", at the moment ( having my breakfast here ) the drink is :coffee:
It's much the same in Bulgarian: наздраве literally means "to health", while the meaning of the preposition "по" in поздрави (greetings) is context-sensitive and can also mean "to", so the word can be taken to mean literally "to healthy".

This exchange is becoming less joke-like by the moment, isn't it? :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back