Joke Thread III

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to stick my neck out here and predict that 'Stuart' will become the OED 'Word of the Year' in 2023 meaning 'to be in a state of bewilderment or utter confusion'.

There's a problem here....
If adopted as you predict, it will instantly become a victim of "yoof speak", and get amended to "likeStuart" or perhaps "Stuartlike".
Bear in mind that the letter T has now disappeared from the alphabet, the original would now become "stooah", possibly leading to "likestooah".
Given that most kids of a certain age seem to prefer to sound as if they'd spent their whole life in the Caribbean, this in turn would become "larkstooah". If then used on the BBC's News at Ten, it would then be regarded as mainstream.
A bit like last night's edition, when there was a report about the forthcoming football semi-finals being played at "Wemberley"....

:. :. all penguins here , so dunno
think you juxtaposed the order of your ¿? there Pete ..like writing trauts .
you could just copy off your screen what I wrote above, paste it into a text file , save it on your desktop, for when you need it, then, should the need arise, copy and paste it here, or wherever.
All the smiley's have a code begins with 2 , 3 ..and ends with 2 , 3
So, for example :dunno: is :*dunno*: but without the two *s
Although : plus - plus ) is automatically rendered as :) , but the board code says it is Smile*:*) without the * and the *
Even : plus ) is rendered as :)

I haven't explored all of them , yet.

But Stuart , is Stuart. :) or stuart .
--or trautS :unsure:😂

This one Ç and this one ç , are the first rule one learns in french signwriting..
Because builders will not be at all pleased if one omits the "little hook" ( cédille ) ..and so write maconnerie on a builder's truck, or their sign.
Yes, I have seen it done.

When you academic types have quite finished discussing the finer points of punctuation, CAN I TELL A JOKE PLEASE!
Sorry I had to shout.
(Waits for chatter to die down, which it eventually does except for Stuart in the back who keeps asking his neighbour, 'What did he say? What's he talking about?')
Thank you!

There were two well preserved widows, Doris and Edna, living in a retirement village. Doris had been asked on a date by George, the local eligible widower and, knowing Edna had been out with him the previous week, asks if she had a good time.
'It was wonderful,' says Edna. 'I'd bought a new expensive dress for the occasion and he turned up in a limousine and looking very smart. He whisked me off for cocktails, then to a really fancy restaurant where we ate lobster and then on for more drinks and dancing. When we got back to the village, I invited him in to my place for coffee and it was only then he showed his true colours. He became an animal! He tore off my beautiful new dress and ravished me again and again on the floor in my living room.'
'So your saying I shouldn't accept his invitation?' asked Doris.
'No, no!' said Edna. 'I'm telling you to wear an old dress.'

You buy a stool online, google began palm off you ads of the ropes.
I too was more than a little confused by this.
I suspected it was more than one case of 'predicted text' going on, so determined to explore the likely alternatives to the words shown.
Spending a few minutes on the subject, I managed to confirm my suspicions and can now give you my answer...

I still don't know what it means.

"KISS THOSE PAINFUL PILES AWAY"

(Genuine ad, by the way! Those Yanks, eh?!)

kiss.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back