Joke Thread III

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning, Stuart!
And Good Morning to ye! Here goes :dunno:
Tired Good Night GIF by HBO Max

I've recently relocated from Cornwall to North East Lincolnshire... Needing to find a cheap carpet shop;- so wanting to feel the quality to balance it against the price, I decided to avoid the internet... I went into town & asked around. but everyone I asked said they had no ideas to offer, as they hadn't bought carpets for years. I thought my best bet would be to ask Google "Cheapest Carpet Prices in Grimsby" and buy a street-map to find the store(s). I was in town already so I asked in the Library "where can I buy a street-map ?" They said "we don't sell them, we only lend out books, but you could try in " the precinct ".... I went there & asked a group of Police-Persons... They had no real ideas to offer, but suggested that I try "The Magazine Shop".....They said "we don't sell them anymore - 'cos everyone's using Google now"
I gave up and returned home to ask Google "Where can I buy a street-map "
Google suggested Waterstones Website, which came up "Grimsby is Currently Unavailable".
It seems to me that Google now has the Monopoly.......Online Maps are now the NORM.....I can't find a paper one at all (Yet ! )
Exasperation is setting in......Looks as though I'll end up taking pot-luck & buying a fitted carpet from just anywhere that I can find !
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Street-Atlas-Lincolnshire-Pocket/dp/0540083410/

You might of seen me responding more this week because I'm I'll in bed with a bad chest cold but thanks to all you posters I have not gone completely stir crazy SWMBO will not let me go any where near the workshop so please keep up the good work it's like virtual woodworking .

Last edited:
Just to prove I'm not loosing it
I have been pineing all week to get down to the beech I thought ok I will sneak out I know a poplar place but missus thought different she said if I did I would feel the birch across my ash if I did I'm sycamore days in bed I feel much better she said she has heard all the old chestnuts now back to bed do we have a deal she's worse than meranti anyway will try again tomorrow it's a yew day
Must be these tablets I'm taking

I've recently relocated from Cornwall to North East Lincolnshire... Needing to find a cheap carpet shop;- so wanting to feel the quality to balance it against the price, I decided to avoid the internet... I went into town & asked around. but everyone I asked said they had no ideas to offer, as they hadn't bought carpets for years. I thought my best bet would be to ask Google "Cheapest Carpet Prices in Grimsby" and buy a street-map to find the store(s). I was in town already so I asked in the Library "where can I buy a street-map ?" They said "we don't sell them, we only lend out books, but you could try in " the precinct ".... I went there & asked a group of Police-Persons... They had no real ideas to offer, but suggested that I try "The Magazine Shop".....They said "we don't sell them anymore - 'cos everyone's using Google now"
I gave up and returned home to ask Google "Where can I buy a street-map "
Google suggested Waterstones Website, which came up "Grimsby is Currently Unavailable".
It seems to me that Google now has the Monopoly.......Online Maps are now the NORM.....I can't find a paper one at all (Yet ! )
Exasperation is setting in......Looks as though I'll end up taking pot-luck & buying a fitted carpet from just anywhere that I can find !
Buy one from the Ordanace Map, ring and order one if you want to avoid the Internet 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just to prove I'm not loosing it
I have been pineing all week to get down to the beech I thought ok I will sneak out I know a poplar place but missus thought different she said if I did I would feel the birch across my ash if I did I'm sycamore days in bed I feel much better she said she has heard all the old chestnuts now back to bed do we have a deal she's worse than meranti anyway will try again tomorrow it's a yew day
Must be these tablets I'm taking
You ought to Marri her if you can get round Tuart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back